Author Topic: Roller weights?  (Read 12992 times)

myyz

• View Profile
Roller weights?
« on: October 09, 2011, 06:17:39 AM »
Hi just wondering what affects different roller weights have on ya scoot? Do lighter weights give you more off the line?

jezyg

• Agility 50 2011 and SEAT Leon FR TSi 211
    • View Profile
    • UK Police Books
Re: Roller weights?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 07:14:52 AM »
Weights control the rate at which the bike changes gear. Heavier weights and the gears change quicker and slows down low end acceleration but improves top end. Lighter weights give better low end acceleration but slower top end and if too light will reduce top end speed as well.

On here 5-6g weights seem to give people the best performance on the AG50 depends on other mods as what is the best weight overall and if you have changed the clutch spring as well to kick in at a an higher/lower RPM than standard.
2011 Agility 50
2011 SEAT Leon FR TSi 211
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Policebooks

myyz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 09:10:13 AM »
Ok so if I put 5-6 gram weights in it how much top end would I lose? Ps iv down no mods to the drive system.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 12:39:15 PM »
If your scoot has stock rollers in theam now most likely they are 6 now so you should not lose any.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 01:36:27 PM »
6.5g rollers are stock weight. I use 5.5g and maybe lose 2-3mph top end at most tho theres not that much difference in top end really just better acceleration and slight imptovement uphill.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

jezyg

• View Profile
    • UK Police Books
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 06:22:25 PM »
6.5g rollers are stock weight. I use 5.5g and maybe lose 2-3mph top end at most tho theres not that much difference in top end really just better acceleration and slight imptovement uphill.

Got to ask how much difference to the acceleration and hill climbing ability does it make. Quite noticeable or just minor?

Thinking of dropping to 5.5g myself as would like better acceleration and hill climbing ability.
2011 Agility 50

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 09:01:26 PM »
Got to ask how much difference to the acceleration and hill climbing ability does it make. Quite noticeable or just minor?

Thinking of dropping to 5.5g myself as would like better acceleration and hill climbing ability.

To be honest i couldnt tell the difference when i fitted my 5.5g rollers at 1st. It was the very 1st mod i did after derestricting and i expected a huge difference which i didnt get. The lighter rollers gives a higher reving engine so you will see a difference. Really the best thing i did was fit the 1000rpm spring for hill climbing this along with the 5.5g rollers gives me the best all round performance. I have.a.couple of.pretty steep hills to go up going to work and back each day and this suits my needs best.

The torque spring made a big difference on 5.5g's, i went from slowing to 20-22mph up some hills to 30mph up the same hill. I can even accelerate up hills i could not before.

For uphill improvements thats my recomendation, 5.5g rollers and a 1000rpm torque spring. I could never go back now. Tried various heavier weights in with the 1000 spring in but now im used to the acceleration and performance on the 5.5 i ended up going back. Rollers are only £5-£10 and the spring is maybe £10-£12 so it not an expensive mod if you have the tools.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

kanbisk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 11:02:36 PM »
Hi all,
I am new to this forum.

I have Kymco Agility 50 and on slight downhills 65-70 kmh (40 to 45 mph) and the same hill going back up hill almost I can walk faster.
What can I do to make go bit faster on up hills, please.

My Kymco Agility 50 is 2008, 3000km on the clock and far as I know is factory standard ( bought it from a middle age lady )  :D

Thanks
 ;)
Agility 50 4 stroke 2008

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 11:20:07 PM »
Hi all,
I am new to this forum.

I have Kymco Agility 50 and on slight downhills 65-70 kmh (40 to 45 mph) and the same hill going back up hill almost I can walk faster.
What can I do to make go bit faster on up hills, please.

My Kymco Agility 50 is 2008, 3000km on the clock and far as I know is factory standard ( bought it from a middle age lady )  :D

Thanks
 ;)

See above, 1000rpm torque spring and 5.5g rollers will help.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

jezyg

• View Profile
    • UK Police Books
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 07:07:04 AM »
To be honest i couldnt tell the difference when i fitted my 5.5g rollers at 1st. It was the very 1st mod i did after derestricting and i expected a huge difference which i didnt get. The lighter rollers gives a higher reving engine so you will see a difference. Really the best thing i did was fit the 1000rpm spring for hill climbing this along with the 5.5g rollers gives me the best all round performance. I have.a.couple of.pretty steep hills to go up going to work and back each day and this suits my needs best.

The torque spring made a big difference on 5.5g's, i went from slowing to 20-22mph up some hills to 30mph up the same hill. I can even accelerate up hills i could not before.

For uphill improvements thats my recomendation, 5.5g rollers and a 1000rpm torque spring. I could never go back now. Tried various heavier weights in with the 1000 spring in but now im used to the acceleration

and performance on the 5.5 i ended up going back. Rollers are only £5-£10 and the spring is maybe £10-£12 so it not an expensive mod if you have the tools.

As ever the scooter Oracle!! Thanks for the advice I take it for the clutch spring I will need to get something to compress the clutch on removal and refit?
2011 Agility 50

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2011, 12:15:33 PM »
Nope, its not as springy as you imagine. I just losen off the big nut on the from of the clutch assembly (after you take off the bell housing and once its out of the scooter) till its hand tight then stand on the sides of the clutch, take the nut off by hand and then slowly let the clutch spring out. Do the reverse to refit it.

Theres a.good vid on youtube showing how to do it, will look later if i remember and post it here. Only tools i need are torque wrench to remove.bell housing, oil filter removal tool to fit round clutch and hold it while you losen the big nut on the front and a spanne toblosen the.nut. Plus my feet to hold it  ;D

I expected the.tension on the spring.to be a lot more than it is. I can push mine down with my hands on stock and 1000rpm springs.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

jezyg

• View Profile
    • UK Police Books
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2011, 06:43:20 PM »
Nope, its not as springy as you imagine. I just losen off the big nut on the from of the clutch assembly (after you take off the bell housing and once its out of the scooter) till its hand tight then stand on the sides of the clutch, take the nut off by hand and then slowly let the clutch spring out. Do the reverse to refit it.

Theres a.good vid on youtube showing how to do it, will look later if i remember and post it here. Only tools i need are torque wrench to remove.bell housing, oil filter removal tool to fit round clutch and hold it while you losen the big nut on the front and a spanne toblosen the.nut. Plus my feet to hold it  ;D

I expected the.tension on the spring.to be a lot more than it is. I can push mine down with my hands on stock and 1000rpm springs.

Brill thanks for that makes mores sense now as the service guide seems to be written in Chinese :o)
2011 Agility 50

kanbisk

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2011, 07:18:29 PM »
Thanks for info "Streido" about 1000rpm torque spring and 5.5g rollers.

I AM VERY NEW to scooter world, so excuse me folk.

I have seen on youtube mentioning about scooters have gears, if its a twist and go, where is the gears, if rollers does all the tensioning of the belt to do the drive.

Can some-one explain or video about this confussion, please.
Agility 50 4 stroke 2008

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 07:19:32 PM »
Heres the vid. I dont use a vice cos i dont have mine fitted yet, i just grip the nut with a big shifter and usevthe oil filter wrench roundvthe actual clutch face to grip it, same as guy in vid.

I marked my nut with a line onto the clutch so.i know i put the nut back on to the same tightness it was at before and dont over or under tighten it.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 07:25:30 PM »
Thanks for info "Streido" about 1000rpm torque spring and 5.5g rollers.

I AM VERY NEW to scooter world, so excuse me folk.

I have seen on youtube mentioning about scooters have gears, if its a twist and go, where is the gears, if rollers does all the tensioning of the belt to do the drive.

Can some-one explain or video about this confussion, please.

I have a couple of links to help explain, will look them out later and post them up for you.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()