Author Topic: 57MPH Tops.  (Read 8751 times)

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: 57MPH Tops.
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2011, 12:54:23 PM »
Does anyone know if you can mod your drive boss your self? Or do you have to buy a new derestricted one? Thnks

If you have access to a lathe you can lathe the stock boss down so it has no lip on it pretty easily. I had our machine shop at work do mine for me.

Baddi, im also running a longer than stock belt. I use a 736mm long belt and also get it off the gauge DOWNHILL on 5.5g rollers. Not had chance for a gps yet but def goes past 50moh on the speedo. I estimate its an actual gps speed of 45-47mph. Before i swapped belts i got around 48mph on speedo which was around 43-44mph on gps phone app i used.

1000rpm torque spring, 5.5g rollers, 736x17x30 Malossi kevlar belt. I only recently fitted it so plan to retune at some point my rollers and torque to see the best set up. I have noticed it engages sooner than on stock belt i had and maybe very slightly slower taking off from stopped. Plan to renew my fly springs and may try 1500 torque too since i already got one anyway. Just got no time right now. Not a.big problem for me anyway and doesnt noticably affect my ride to work in any negative way. I enjoy the top end and doubt i wpuld gove that up for minimally better take.off. Maybe new flys and tighter torque will fix this anyway.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

REDKYMCO

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2011, 02:29:36 PM »
Can you make your belt slip going up steep hills or are they well designed so they will not slip, the reason i ask is the route i take to work has a long hill over a quarry and there is no other possible route its a good 3/4 of a mile to the top it slows my agility down to about 15mph on some parts is that something the belt can handle, i would imagine i would be better leaving the scoot in its standard set up restricted because  going slower up the hill would hopefully mean keeping the gearing lower and less strain on the transmission, i dont mind going up the hill slowly its a lot easier than cycleing and still quicker and much cheaper than using the bus, i know it may be a little hard on the scoot every day but on the plus side it has it easy coming down the other side of the hill. Another thought would the clutch slip before the belt has this ever happened to anyone....
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 02:37:48 PM by kisbee »
IF IT IS NOT BROKE DONT FIX IT:)

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2011, 02:53:01 PM »
Can you make your belt slip going up steep hills or are they well designed so they will not slip, the reason i ask is the route i take to work has a long hill over a quarry and there is no other possible route its a good 3/4 of a mile to the top it slows my agility down to about 15mph on some parts is that something the belt can handle, i would imagine i would be better leaving the scoot in its standard set up restricted because  going slower up the hill would hopefully mean keeping the gearing lower and less strain on the transmission, i dont mind going up the hill slowly its a lot easier than cycleing and still quicker and much cheaper than using the bus, i know it may be a little hard on the scoot every day but on the plus side it has it easy coming down the other side of the hill. Another thought would the clutch slip before the belt has this ever happened to anyone....

unless the scooter is reving high and going nowhere i would doubt its your belt slipping. If your still restricted then you can fit a 1000rpm torque spring with no problems  i should imagine and lighter rollers, maybe try 5.5g.  Should give you better uphill.

Im derestricted and rarely go lower than 30mph uphill unless is way steep or i need to stop and restart due to traffi on the hill. up real steep hill i drop to 24-25mph, but that is real steep. Most normal hills i get 30-40 if i get a run at it and not going from a standing hillstart at the bottom. Normally i manage to accelerate up most hills till i get around the 40mph.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

REDKYMCO

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2011, 06:17:49 PM »
Streido what was your scooter like going up hills before you done mods, my belt is not slipping just want to know will i damage belt with going up hills every day or are they made to withstand hills etc...

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2011, 06:47:03 PM »
Streido what was your scooter like going up hills before you done mods, my belt is not slipping just want to know will i damage belt with going up hills every day or are they made to withstand hills etc...

It was a while ago now so im not sure how it went upholl as atock but i remember it was sloooooow   :D
Its no rocket now uphill or even on flats but for a 50cc and compared to stock its a huge difference, for me anyway. I cant see how you would damage the belt but why not take off the cover and just have a look inside to check it ok if your worried?

Think its prob just what you get from a restricted scoot. if i remember right i used to hover around 20-29mph and if lucky i got to 31moh downhill but it was slow going back up, even after derestricting, until i lightened the rollers and did the torque spring. Now im pretty happy as i doubt i can get it any better than it is without a bigger kit and i dont want to go down that road.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2011, 02:35:49 PM »
..57 is very possible, even without a kit...I know, because ive topped that on my 08 agility...

..actually gps'd it at 56, with the needle on the white tenths digit of the odometer..and have run it faster than that...

..ssso, for all u naysayers...just know that it has, and can be done, on some scoots..not all builds are the same...

peace
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2011, 09:16:18 PM »
..57 is very possible, even without a kit...I know, because ive topped that on my 08 agility...

..actually gps'd it at 56, with the needle on the white tenths digit of the odometer..and have run it faster than that...

..ssso, for all u naysayers...just know that it has, and can be done, on some scoots..not all builds are the same...

peace

The lord has spoken. All unbelievers can go to hell  ;D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2011, 11:57:18 AM »
The lord has spoken. All unbelievers can go to hell

..lmfao...now that's funny...

..guess i should say that those speeds were on my 08...

..i cant get anywhere close to that with the 09 engine...

..oh, and streido..you'll like that 1500 contra....  ;D
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 12:11:46 PM by wordslinger »

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2011, 01:43:36 PM »
Havent had time to fit the 1500 yet Word, and its bloody freezin here too anyway. Will do it over xmas hols if i dont do it before then.

My A50 is a 2008 model too, from Jan 2008. Maybe they changed some things on the newer scoots so they cant go so fast? I defo get my dial over the 50 mph mark now, just over, and its downhill, but still goes over. Cant ask for much more than that off a small 50cc with 17,000kms really. In middle of negotiations for a Vespa T5 classic right now, 125cc engine but they got Ali heads so theyre actually faster than a 200 cc Vespa px, with a little tweak they easily do 70mph, big tweak and they can hit 90mph ;D

Friend of bro-in-law selling so jst about to call and offer my cash now. Needs stripped and resprayed so im keeping the agility too for commuting to work. Just hope seller doesnt want crazy money for it.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2011, 01:50:48 PM »
...i put 57,000 kms on my 08 before i had any real problems...

..I tried tracing back the 08, and was able to find out that there were at least two different builds...

..i believe mine came from the Changzhou facility, and i did finally get some translation that the piston and rings were different on those scoots...

..never physically verified that yet, but i guess i will one day...lol..

..that 1500 really opens up the a50...keeps rpms up in the powerband better..

REDKYMCO

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2011, 09:32:04 PM »
(streido) This is the kymco scoot i was saying reminds me of vespa style, if they launch this in the uk i will be getting one not sure if its the gy6 engine but looking at the specs its fuel injected and about 20% more power output at 3.2kw so derestricted should imagine 50mph plus...... http://www.kymco.com/product/overview.asp?MotorCTID=79097204-9D4B-4294-8F29-DD9A56C5151F
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 09:39:03 PM by kisbee »

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2011, 10:38:19 PM »
Thats smart Kisbee, you get good looks and  reliability, all depends on the price tho i guess.

I just bought a 1998 Vespa T5 classic today for £400  ;D Needs stripped and resprayed,few mechanical jobs to do on it but not much. The engine is sweet and does 65-70 as standard, up to 90mph with some tuning, the T5 125cc is actually faster than a 200cc PX, but on 10" wheels i may be too scared going that fast  :o Got a good deal because you struggle to find a classic Vespa under £1000 here so after i spend £200-£250 on it im still well up.

Hopefully pick it up this week and do it up over xmas hols. Sitting my test to ride it on L plates after new year, cant wait.

Still got love for the A50 but i think it will be relegated to use in bad weather once the Vespa is on the road or the wife can ride him and come out for a run with me, if she can keep up  ;)
Chaos is my co-pilot.

adamsd11

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2011, 10:47:54 AM »
Alright lads, got a bit of money spare and thinking of maybe a few mods!

My friend has got a 59 aerox and recently put a bigger carb on it, it took a lot of tweeking and setting up however it flies and leaves me at about 52 on flat. He paid £1450 for his aerox and i paid £160 for the agility and up to last week i was beating him!

What your opinions on Race clutchs? it wont improve the top end however with my kymco being four stroke its totally rubbish on take off.

What about a new coil? Any reviews on this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kymco-Like-4-Stroke-50cc-Racing-HT-Lead-Coil-Cap-/270805279017?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3f0d40a129#ht_1406wt_932

also looking at a variator plate as hopefully it will work well with the race variator already in mine.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kymco-People-S-50cc-HS-CNC-Variator-Plate-/270805287231?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3f0d40c13f#ht_1331wt_932

I think im going to put the standard airbox back on and change my jet to about an 82/84.

Any other reviews you've got?

cheers!

kanbisk

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2011, 08:03:17 PM »
Alright lads, got a bit of money spare and thinking of maybe a few mods!

My friend has got a 59 aerox and recently put a bigger carb on it, it took a lot of tweeking and setting up however it flies and leaves me at about 52 on flat. He paid £1450 for his aerox and i paid £160 for the agility and up to last week i was beating him!

What your opinions on Race clutchs? it wont improve the top end however with my kymco being four stroke its totally rubbish on take off.

What about a new coil? Any reviews on this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kymco-Like-4-Stroke-50cc-Racing-HT-Lead-Coil-Cap-/270805279017?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3f0d40a129#ht_1406wt_932

also looking at a variator plate as hopefully it will work well with the race variator already in mine.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kymco-People-S-50cc-HS-CNC-Variator-Plate-/270805287231?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3f0d40c13f#ht_1331wt_932

I think im going to put the standard airbox back on and change my jet to about an 82/84.

Any other reviews you've got?

cheers!

Hi,
What is that you are trying to do? Faster take off or top end ?

There is lots of ways of doing it, shade some light on it.
Cheers mate
Agility 50 4 stroke 2008

Encya

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2011, 08:43:44 PM »

peace

I believe that would be possible down hill.  You surely didn't so that on a flat road did you?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()