Author Topic: 57MPH Tops.  (Read 8738 times)

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: 57MPH Tops.
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2011, 06:54:20 PM »
I cant ride over a 50cc on my license, got no spare cash to sit the bigger test right now.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

REDKYMCO

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 07:34:49 PM »
I cant ride a bigger bike than 49cc either im riding mine on my car licence as it has moped entitlement on there as i past my car test before 2001, i have ridden 49cc scoots for nearly 15 years now and they suit me fine for local trips etc, i did do a cbt once and purchased a peugeot speedfight 100cc but i happily came back to 49cc scoot's....
IF IT IS NOT BROKE DONT FIX IT:)

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2011, 07:50:50 PM »
Im exactly like you kisbe, riding on my car license. I also had a speedfight 100cc   :o freaky. I got kije for nothing , stripped it down and resprayed it, got it mot'd but decided after riding it that it wasnt worth the hassle to sit my cbt for an extra 10-15mph top end so o kept my Agility and sold the Peugeot.

Plan on doing my test maybe next year cos i want an old vespa 125 for summer next yr.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

adamsd11

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 10:16:42 PM »
Yeah im running an 88 main jet. The scoot does alright.

The kymco currently does 57mph down a hill. It is in the middle of my last 2 digits of my millage clock, the reason i know its 57 is because im 16 and theres a few of us that go out. My friend has a gilera DNA 50 and his speado reads 57mph when hes in like with me.

I want to get a little bit more, wondered about performance parts?

I will try take a picture next time im flat out for you :)

adamsd11

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2011, 10:28:08 PM »
Belt is standard, the variator is a "Race variator" from ebay, i will post a link tomorrow.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2011, 10:30:42 PM »
So are you also running a open air filter too then since you got an 88 jet fitted?

In my opinion anything else you do is going to be too expensive to be worth it really unless you go for a big bore kit. 57mph downhill or not is prob about the fastest i heard an Agility 50 go, especially since its still 50cc. Lighter weights wont help top end, heavier may give a couple of mph more but like i said im surprised you even got 57 out of it so i would be happy with that. Or like someone suggested you can strip it right down and remove anything you dont need, tho it will look like sh** prob so for a few mph its hardly worth it.

Wait till next year for a bigger bike. Or buy an Asprilla RS50,  i know a guy who had one and he got that pushing 70mph. Think its prob the fastest 50cc you can buy in the uk once its tuned and derestricted.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Resolve

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2011, 12:38:42 PM »
Not trying to be rude, but how much, if any, is your friend speedo off?  Just because the speedo says he is doing 57 MPH doesn't mean he is.  Without being there and seeing for myself or having a GPS showing actual speed it is kinda of hard to believe you are getting 57 MPH. I think with everything I have read on here and around the most I have seen is around 50.  Most Agility Speedos seem to be off about 5 to 7 mph.

If you are doing it great you are lucky. 

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2011, 07:20:21 PM »
We should make a rule around here, that people should read their speed on GPS, because that isnt possible.. When the speedometer is at 50 mph, it will show between 10 and 25% wrongly, and theres nothing much to do about it..

About getting more speed: it wont be possible.. Around or a little lower than 50 mph is the maximum for 9.000 RPM with the standart gearing, and some (me included) have achieved this with the 49.5 ccm standart cylinder.
When your CDI is cut, it will max out at 9k rpm's, and then only ignite every second time (which feels like someone is rapidly turning your key to the off- and back to on-position), until the rpm's are lower than 9k again.

A bigger engine wont give you higher rpm's and therefore not higher speed, if you are already maxed. On the other hand, a nice quality 80 ccm DOES almost double your horsepowers, and makes it able for you to run with a higher gearing. I, myself has got the standart gearing, so i dont know how much a naraku secondary gearing will give you, but it might give some..

Also if you can find an unrestricted CDI with advanced igniting, you can gain some if it lets you pass into higher RPM's, but be aware, that higher RPM's will put even more stress on the engine parts, more heat, and at some point the valves wont have time to close before they will be opened again. Driving with high rpm's is both damaging for the engine and stupid, as the max horsepower occures at 7.5 RPM's, so it is limited how much you will gain..

Keep in mind, that cars cylinders is 4x300 ccm, and even though their engines are much more effective than ours, they arent able to acheive more than 180 km/h with an engine 24 times as big as a standart agility.

So the conclution will be: your speedometer isnt accurate, so please read your speed elsewere before posting, and if you want more speed, get a 125 ccm engine with an even higher gearing. Or be satisfied with what you've got now ;)
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

REDKYMCO

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2011, 06:16:20 PM »
(baddi Could it not be possible to use a slightly wider and longer belt to get it to travel further up the variator giving you a higher gearing then maybe you could achive your top speed closer to 7500 rpm max engine out put as you said, hopefully would then mean extended engine life and also run more efficent just a thought....
IF IT IS NOT BROKE DONT FIX IT:)

woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2011, 11:24:54 PM »
baddi, I don't like to post information before I'm sure it isn't true.
my engine is running fine at 9.000rpm's and gy6 valves start to 'flow' somewhere at 12.000 - 13.000 rpm's
I got downhill 55mph top speed(gps verified, needle off the tacho scale) and that's it. but downhill !!
50cc, de-restricted, tuned variator, longer belt and quality maintenance

baddi

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2011, 07:04:26 PM »
Kisbee: sorry no, that aint possible, if you are already running with the correct length belt, you will already be in the highest gear in your variator :) That is unless you've put in a harder spring in the clutch, because that will push the belt out at the rear end, and give a lower gearing.. Although ive heard about that they some places put a too little belt in, to restrict the bike :D try painting a little line on your variator, drive some (5 km should do it) and then look at your variator.. if the line is gone, that means that your variator gears fully, and if it still there, it means that theres a problem with either the rollers weight, the stiffness of the spring, or your engine not hitting enough RPM's to gear fully :) The last one almost never happens, at least not without you knowing it :D

Woodcutter, i know that 9.000 RPM's is normal when your CDI is cut, because thats when it turns off after it is cut. :) BUT ive known a dude here in denmark, who expierienced with tuning a 4-stroke engine, and after he installed an unrestricted cdi and a larger cylinder, he could hit somewhere over 10.000 rpm's, and it ended up crashing his engine... I cant remember what crashed, but some of the things was that the engine got too hot, the needle bearings got ruined, and the valves also broke in some way, together with the cylinder... Hey, wait, did you say longer belt? Wouldnt that be too long, and end up sliding out of the clutch when you start the engine? :O

And by the way, sorry that im saying rpm's all the time, when you guys most of the time says revs, but im from Denmark, and thats the translation from danish to english: Rounds Per Minute ;)

woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 01:01:55 AM »
yep, I said longer belt! I got malossi mulivar kit with white torque spring and 748mm long belt. I wrote a marker line on my stock variator with a new bando 729mm long belt and it left about 4mm of marker at the top of variator movable half. On the multivar and 748mm belt there were no marker left! And it's a bit larger diameter than stock.Just like fixed front pulley.And 748 was going at the top of it, but not touching starter bendix. That gave me much more speed but I needed to use heavier rollers to achieve it.I hit it downhill to get to it but uphill was very poor.
If you're claiming I'm not right and lying, I would like to know what you did to modify your scooter and have you tryed something of this I wrote or it's just a theory?

And for big bore kit, I haven't tryed any and defects you said some people experienced could be low quality kit or inpropper installation!?

I'm keeping my stock cylinder and give my scoot good maintenance and it's running fine and I guess some more top speed ;D

myyz

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2011, 02:46:06 AM »
Does anyone know if you can mod your drive boss your self? Or do you have to buy a new derestricted one? Thnks

kanbisk

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2011, 09:24:04 AM »
Does anyone know if you can mod your drive boss your self? Or do you have to buy a new derestricted one? Thnks

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kymco-Agility-50cc-Racing-Drive-Boss-Shims-/280728949236?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item415cbfd1f4

LATERS
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 09:27:50 AM by kanbisk »
Agility 50 4 stroke 2008

baddi

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2011, 12:21:56 PM »
yep, I said longer belt! I got malossi mulivar kit with white torque spring and 748mm long belt. I wrote a marker line on my stock variator with a new bando 729mm long belt and it left about 4mm of marker at the top of variator movable half. On the multivar and 748mm belt there were no marker left! And it's a bit larger diameter than stock.Just like fixed front pulley.And 748 was going at the top of it, but not touching starter bendix. That gave me much more speed but I needed to use heavier rollers to achieve it.I hit it downhill to get to it but uphill was very poor.
If you're claiming I'm not right and lying, I would like to know what you did to modify your scooter and have you tryed something of this I wrote or it's just a theory?

And for big bore kit, I haven't tryed any and defects you said some people experienced could be low quality kit or inpropper installation!?

I'm keeping my stock cylinder and give my scoot good maintenance and it's running fine and I guess some more top speed ;D

Im sorry, i didnt mean to call you a lier, im sorry if you understood it that way, but many people on various scooter sites claim that their scooter runs alot more than is possible for a single-cylindered bike. And also, the belt which it is sold with by standart here fits perfectly, and ive never seen with my own eyes an agility with a longer belt than standart, which ran properly. :D

No hard feelings ;)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()