Author Topic: zx50 position bulb  (Read 3565 times)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
Re: zx50 position bulb
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 11:12:43 AM »
Thanks for the pic, I was wondering if they had a light on the dash for the high beam, but obviously not. 32,500 km, you certainly do some riding with it, cool.
With regard to your question about the relay, I don't think there is a relay for the headlight on these.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

rigpa

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 04:37:44 PM »
i've been looking at some youtube vids for help on cleaning or repairing the electrical connections, but i don't know what kind of connectors these are called.  can you help me with the name.  is it best to replace the connectors, and by connectors do we mean the plastic white housing they slide into or the piece the wire is crimped onto?  merci beaucoup!

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2011, 06:47:13 PM »
Unless the plastic is damaged you won't need to replace it. The metal terminal can be removed from the plastic plug by releasing the small tab. If you do this, only do one at a time so you can ensure they go back in the correct position. The best way might be to use a precision screwdriver to give the terminals a scrape while still in the plug, then a small spray with wd40 or similar. You can also buy electrical contact cleaner in an aerosl can.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

rigpa

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 04:39:50 PM »
well now she's in the shop for lighting and other issues.  will let you know what they determine.

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2011, 02:00:28 AM »
well now she's in the shop for lighting and other issues.  will let you know what they determine.

Oh no, no a shop?!?! I hope all is turning out well
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

rigpa

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 09:32:13 PM »
Got the scooter back last night.  My spark plug wire was compromised and my spark plug was all rusted.  My cdi was replaced bcause when i broke down, the other one was lodged between the back tire and the engine compartment and the rubber had worn off exposing circuitry.  The lights are fixed!  I noticed while in the shop that they sell led lights that you can adhere (yeah right) to the scoot and either wire directly to the battery or press an on off switch.  anyone have any experience with these.  doesn't seem like they'd adhere very well and i'm not sure where the wiring would go.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2011, 12:34:17 AM »
That would depend on the lights...
I happen to have some "oval" shaped led(has 6 tiny "eyes" total on each light). They come in colors? ie; red,blue,green,white. They adhere pretty good. ;)
BUT i can speak from experiance with the blue lights on my ag. I got a ticket!! shoulda been a warning to me BUUUUUUT!! ::) Of course i still run my lights. I have red/green led's throughout my zx.. :D ::)
I wired mine into the lights.
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

rigpa

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2011, 06:43:51 PM »
I saw those oval shaped lights.  they also have some long rectangular ones that come in red and blue.  i wish i knew more about wiring, i'd put those babies on for more visibility.  on my dash on the left, there's an unused switch place that i think i read where the europeans use it for extra lighting.  did you put your switch for your leds in there?

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2011, 12:34:44 AM »
The spot on the left that you mentioned i do believe is the hi/low beam switch..
Na, i actually placed a toggle switch on the leg shield near the ignition switch for my lights.Even the dam toggle has a red led. :D ::)(i have meant to install more but haven't yet. ::))
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()