Author Topic: hard starting.  (Read 3457 times)

woodcutter

• View Profile
Re: hard starting.
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2011, 11:50:14 PM »
(woodcutter) will i find much in the drain tube what is the purpose of it i have not checked or noticed a drain tube, i have done nearly 2000km on my agility now will i find much in there and is it mainly winter it needs draining.....
well kisbee, I found some mixture of water and oil in the drain tube and it is mainly in fall/winter. it formes whitish gunk and I think it,s    a moisture formed in cylinder which evaportes through breather tube and collected in clear tube beneath air box.
I was reading it,s also a kymco,s overheating protection. In warm weather, engine have tendency to overheat and oil is starting to evaporate and in form of mist going through crankcase breather into the air box and sucked in air/petrol mixture cooling and giving extra librication/protectio to the cylinder. heavier residue is collected at the end of the tube.
Generally I find a lot of residue liquid in this tube when I drive in wet weather and kymco user manual says more frequent service in wet climate and I think it is it.
Anyone have other oppinion?  ;D   

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2011, 12:23:57 AM »
I'm not a mechanic.  I have a Yeager which is fuel injected, therefore, no carb.  From what I have read here, that Sea Foam stuff is what you need to keep the carb clean.  It should clean any part that fuel runs thru.  I even put some in my tank even though I have no problem (Ooops, I should not have said that) lol.  I am so happy that I have injection.  ;D
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

greagle

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2011, 12:28:38 AM »
thanks for the info on the spark plug, and as for that drain you are talking about, I took that off 2 years ago.  I hope it wasn't important. 

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2011, 02:29:31 AM »
I just leav my train blug out all the time .it well train as I ride.

woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2011, 04:13:21 AM »
some time ago I had idea to remove the plug from the tube and put some duct tape over the small breather hole in the air box hoping to save engine from dirty combustion products formed in the crankcase.
Result was that engine started to overheat! Engine was just cutting off, unable to start for 5-10 minutes(second overheating protection).
Than I removed duct tape and returned plug to the tube wich caused engine not to overheat but I noticed some oil consumption.
So, in my case, kymco overheat protection proved to be efficient.
I suggest leaving air-box and crankcase breather as it is because it,s engineered to work that way.
Just my oppinion  ;D   

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()