Author Topic: super 9 aftermarket led tail light  (Read 2976 times)

krampy3

• View Profile
super 9 aftermarket led tail light
« on: October 16, 2011, 12:16:36 PM »
i wanna replace my tail light but was wonder if theres anything other than the stock light. maybe an led aftermarket kit.

L Bo

• View Profile
Re: super 9 aftermarket led tail light
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 02:30:00 AM »
I don't know of any LED kits out there, I am sure there are some. There is a mod you can do to remove the mud flap and reposition the turn indicators................ this is what I did to mine;

I bought a lens cover for an '04 and earlier model (Think it's an 04) where the tail light is red and the ends are clear. Then drill out holes on the ends of the rear light assembly, and "build" a light socket with wiring, set it to fit the hole. If this is what you are talking about let me know and can provide additional how to info. The hardest part was finding amber colored bulbs.

I did the same similar thing up front and removed the lights from the handlebars, moved the lights down next to the headlighttoo.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 02:36:10 AM by L Bo »

krampy3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 11:37:37 PM »
where can i buy new lenses mine are smashed. lol ;D

ChandlerScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 03:09:12 PM »
Nice looking bike, L Bo.
The install looks factory  :)
Simon
2009 Kymco Xciting Ri With no mods.

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 01:04:19 AM »
+1.. That's a nice looking scoot.....
I actually done the same thing to my s9 with the turn signals, using the small t194 bulbs.. Of course i went with red bulbs.. :D
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

L Bo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 01:10:46 AM »
Thanks for the compliments, I made more cosmetic changes to the scooter before I did any wrenching on the CVT or engine LOL

where can i buy new lenses mine are smashed. lol ;D

I bought mine from a place in the mid-west somewhere, I wish I can remember but it was about 3 years ago. The guy there was super cool and could get any part for the Kymco............ I know most places can as well but he was helpful. I bought a bunch of misc parts from him.

krampy3

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 11:17:29 AM »
lol but still no one has answered my question. where can i get the rear lenses. an is there a honda scooter or other bike's tail light that will fix. just can't find the super9 lens in stock anywhere

L Bo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 11:49:04 PM »
You just need to search, any Kymco dealer can get the part so long as you have the part number. Getting the part number is the difficult part.

Here is a site, includes the parts diagram for reference;

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/actionmotorsportsktm/Kymco_OEM/KymcoSC.asp?Type=13&A=43&B=33

The link provided is for a 2007 and is all red. As mentioned I think the clear red clear was done in 2004.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()