Author Topic: Verbal Diarrhgnonis  (Read 8017 times)

juice

• View Profile
Re: Verbal Diarrhgnonis
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 02:55:15 PM »
Seafoam is not strictly a fuel injector cleaner , it is a fuel treatment and stabilizer . I have had very good results using it on all of my small engines regularly . I have had the same push type lawn mower for over 20 years , I used to have a battle every spring getting it started . I started using seafoam 1 oz per gal. in my gas container about 3 years ago and have not had a single starting problem with my mower , leaf blower , weed eater , or scooters since . There may be other products that will do , but i know seafoam works . If your Hyosung has a 2 stroke motor it is like comparing apples and oranges . Good luck .
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 02:59:28 PM by juice »

Matty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2011, 02:59:06 PM »
I don't like seafoam or simmilar products on this type of engine and fuel supply. there is only on complicated electronic fuel injection.
there's nothing better than manualy cleaning complete fuel system on agility

Thanks woodcutter/kisbee/resolve. Yes it sounds like a full clean-out job. I'll check the jets installed whilst I'm at it.
I'd rather not derestrict it if possible because of the (sorry if this is about to be a newbie comment) insurance implications?? I'm only ever in city centres so acceleration is more important ot me than top speed.

It might be easiest just to replace the fuel lines. Where can I find the right size (bore) of tube I need? Other than just replacing as per existing. Thanks
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 03:02:56 PM by Matty »

Resolve

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2011, 03:06:12 PM »
If your Hyosung has a 2 stroke motor it is like comparing apples and oranges . Good luck .
OH I wasn't trying to compare them I know that is two different things. :)

That was more of a statement that this whole thread could have done without.  I sometimes over explain things and when I said I was riding hers the rest of the week I felt the urge to describe what she had and I ended up stating why I liked hers for being 2 stroke.

Resolve

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2011, 03:07:34 PM »
To The OP I would say a good carb/fuel system cleaning and checking valve clearances would be your best bet

REDKYMCO

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 03:16:18 PM »
I have also decided not to derestrict as police in north wales are quite strict i will be the one who gets caught so im stuck at 31mph but it does me much easier than pedaling on my 16 mile round comute, i also have a peugeot kisbee same 139qmb gy6 engine although i prefer kymco quality peugeot have improved the engine performance but not sure how and it does accelerate much better and it can keep 31mph even up quite steep hills were as my agility will drop to 18mph on same hill, i would love to know what they have changed maybe rollerweights variator etc to get this performance so i could do it to my agility, it is close if not the same performance as any 2 stroke i have owned and i think derestricted would have no problem hitting 45mph plus even riding 2 up does not slow it down, but its the only positive thing i can say about the peugeot the agility has much better build quality....
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 03:37:30 PM by kisbee »
IF IT IS NOT BROKE DONT FIX IT:)

jezyg

• Agility 50 2011 and SEAT Leon FR TSi 211
    • View Profile
    • UK Police Books
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2011, 04:25:59 PM »
Try running a tank of super unleaded through, super has extra cleaning agents that may help and reduce some of the flat spots.
2011 Agility 50
2011 SEAT Leon FR TSi 211
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Policebooks

Matty

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2011, 04:50:23 PM »
Try running a tank of super unleaded through, super has extra cleaning agents that may help and reduce some of the flat spots.

Super unleaded? Is that the #98 higher octane stuff you get at most petrol stations? If so, that's all I've run it on from day one. Mainly because the performance is so poor it needs all the help it can get!

Separately, I think it was the air intake to the carburettor that was looks (it was a big plastic pipe with a diameter of around 40mm) which had come very loose. Might this have had an effect?

If so am I right to think that a carb clean would pick up any problems that would result?

How long am I looking at for a full carb clean as a complete newbie? I'd guess 6 hours? What's the "one" thing to be careful of? ie. the mistake that all newbies make??

Thanks again guys (and girls?)

kanbisk

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2011, 05:35:20 PM »

Hi,
I have Agility 50 4t, as some of you guys complaining up-hill's, yes, same here I have a problem going up.
So, on sunday fill up tank with unleaded 98 and didnt had to try it out to see if it makes any difference yet.

Will keep you posted.

LATERS
Agility 50 4 stroke 2008

woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2011, 06:03:05 PM »
Seafoam is not strictly a fuel injector cleaner , it is a fuel treatment and stabilizer . I have had very good results using it on all of my small engines regularly . I have had the same push type lawn mower for over 20 years , I used to have a battle every spring getting it started . I started using seafoam 1 oz per gal. in my gas container about 3 years ago and have not had a single starting problem with my mower , leaf blower , weed eater , or scooters since . There may be other products that will do , but i know seafoam works . If your Hyosung has a 2 stroke motor it is like comparing apples and oranges . Good luck .

cool. I just drain tank during winter storage on my chainsaw, lawn, etc cos there's plastic fuel tanks.I pour some fresh fuel and as petrol reaches carb it started right away. I woul do that on agility but it has steel casted tank though I haven't had problems starting it even on three months old petrol in tha tank.

JustWantToRide

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2011, 07:38:08 PM »
What does your spark plug look like?  Little engines really need a clean plug, and if it ran good at first and has gotten pickier - I think you need to pull the plug and see how it looks before you tear into the carb.  Has your gas mileage also dropped?
2009 Xciting 500Ri
   52mpg so far

kanbisk

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2011, 07:47:26 PM »
cool. I just drain tank during winter storage on my chainsaw, lawn, etc cos there's plastic fuel tanks.I pour some fresh fuel and as petrol reaches carb it started right away. I woul do that on agility but it has steel casted tank though I haven't had problems starting it even on three months old petrol in tha tank.

you dont need to take out the tank, empty the tank via before fuel filter.

LATERS
Agility 50 4 stroke 2008

REDKYMCO

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2011, 08:11:49 PM »
MATTY i notice you say your air intake pipe was lose i wonder if this has made your engine run leen, do you know how long it was lose for as your engine would have been sucking in extra air giving you a leen mix, it would be like fitting a k&n or other sports filter without adjusting your fuel mixture which would mean your engine could have been running to hot for many months its just a thought does anyone else think this could have caused mattys problem....

Matty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2011, 09:19:15 PM »
MATTY i notice you say your air intake pipe was lose i wonder if this has made your engine run leen, do you know how long it was lose for as your engine would have been sucking in extra air giving you a leen mix, it would be like fitting a k&n or other sports filter without adjusting your fuel mixture which would mean your engine could have been running to hot for many months its just a thought does anyone else think this could have caused mattys problem....

Hi kisbee. I'd say the intake pipe has been loose for the last few months as the screw holding it on was unscrewed a long way. Since fixing it this weekend it seems to have got worse but then the uk weather has also got a lot colder. Only starting from the kick start now.

I must admit I'm still a little confused by the profile of the acceleration ie. very slow then a second push after 30. Can this really be due to a dirty carburettor?

Re. The spark, the old spark was blackish, but the new spark plug has made mo difference.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 09:21:04 PM by Matty »

REDKYMCO

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2011, 10:46:00 PM »
Because this bike is only about a year old and very low miles it makes me wonder why the screw holding the air intake pipe came loose in the first place, im thinking the previous owner must have played with the carb at some point maybe to change the jet and not refitted the pipe properly as it seems unusual to work its way loose on a near new scoot, the only time i have had carburettor problems was a few years ago on a old honda express 2stroke, the scoooter had stood many years and it would only just about start and ran very poor so i put a good couple of sprays of wd40 into the fuel tank and by the time i had got through about half the tank it ran and started like the day it was made, but please note im not recomending anyone do this as i dont know what the hazzards could be just back then i was willing to try anything to get the scooter running ok and it owed me nothing so was not the end of the world if i made it worse. Im suprised if it was a carb problem why the redex did not help as a few years ago quite a few people swore by it, also your bike is not that old so dont imagine the carb could be that dirty/contaminated but as part of a fault diagnosis you may have no choice but to manualy clean it to rule it out as a possible cause. I do get the feeling the previous owner is trying to hide something by saying he does not know where/when or how it was derestricted.....
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 11:14:51 PM by kisbee »

JustWantToRide

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2011, 11:28:43 PM »
A dark spark plug usually means that either you were running rich or you've got a weak spark.  Having a weak spark could also cause it to be weaker at low rpm's and then seem to run better at higher rpm's with more juice.  But I always check the easiest things first.

Running weak at low speed/rpm/throttle - and a dark plug.  Is it possible that either your Fuel screw on the carb has loosened and is making it too rich at low rpm or that possibly the slow air jet has got something obstructing it?  Find out how many turns out your fuel screw should be set at - and make sure it isn't out too far.  It will affect you until about half throttle.  

If it truly runs better above 30 and doesn't run better at 20 with full throttle - then I'm leaning towards a weak spark.  Do you have a good battery with a strong charge?
2009 Xciting 500Ri
   52mpg so far

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()