Author Topic: Floor board trims  (Read 1457 times)

ChandlerScoot

• View Profile
Floor board trims
« on: October 19, 2011, 03:53:42 AM »
I finally received my floor board trims. I must say the fit and finish is excellent. The product is made of aluminum and they supply you with stainless steel attaching screws. Took all but 3 minutes to get them on. If you don't want holes, this is not for you! (You could 3m tape them, but they will not sit flush).

Simon
2009 Kymco Xciting Ri With no mods.

jan.strydom

• View Profile
Re: Floor board trims
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 10:44:50 AM »
 :)nice - where did you get them??

old geezer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 12:11:52 PM »
That looks good, but what about that old Triumph in the picture. I used to restore them...

My TR 250

ChandlerScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 02:39:45 PM »
:)nice - where did you get them??

I ordered them through a local dealer. I think one set (larger sections) were about $57 + shipping and the smaller foot rests were about $40+ shipping.
Overall, they make the bike look much sportier. Should have been included on the Ri as standard in my opinion.
Simon

ChandlerScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 02:49:12 PM »
That looks good, but what about that old Triumph in the picture. I used to restore them...

Nice car! I've always loved the 250 but they are getting harder and harder to find in an affordable condition for restoration. Being an OCD individual, I'd replace everything with new anyways  :D
Mine is a 1970 with some mods. I belong to another online forum (6-pack.org) where I heavily post.
We returned from a 5400 mile cross country trip a couple of weeks ago. Stopped at a national event along the way in Galena, Ill.
Love my car, Scoot and Sprinter van (another forum (sprinter-source.com)

Simon

old geezer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 03:44:43 PM »
Very nice car. I also had a 1973 TR6. My wife had a 1979 TR7.

I won the VTR national best in show concoures d'elegance with the 250 in 1990 and 1991. That was at Ft Mitchell, KY and Savannah, Ga. I used to attend the big British car show every spring in Braselton, Ga at the French Winery The Chateau Elan. On ocassion there would be 800 cars there.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 04:28:09 PM by scooterdude »

roboscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 09:34:30 PM »
i am looking for a similar treatment for my hyosung ms3-250. but not for the pegs seen here and on my dt300i ..the hyosung has a flat straight away floor .....with no tunnel...anyone out there know where you can purchase?

ps i also had a 71 triumph fast back mk.....very light and nothing but problems with the lucas electrics....long time ago but i remember going to howe caverns with in in upstate ny....great ride getting  there .......

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()