Author Topic: Handlebar swings  (Read 1398 times)

DanielMartins

• View Profile
Handlebar swings
« on: October 19, 2011, 11:56:21 AM »
Hello Kymco owners!

I am the proud owner of a Kymco Agility City 125. Up until now, I had nothing to complain about my scooter. Nonetheless, in the past few days I have been noticing that the handlebar is swinging more than usual. I didn't notice that in the past and I am starting to get concerned about this.

When the meter reaches 50 Km per hr the handlebar starts swinging and riding gets uncomfortable, not to say a bit scary. I talked to Kymco service and they say is nothing to worry about. Needless to say, that answer didn't make the problem go away.

Can you please help me? I already checked tire pressure and the problem persists.

DanielMartins

• View Profile
Re: Handlebar swings
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 01:11:54 PM »
Hi again!

I've just finished reading some posts about tire pressure and I got a bit confused. So, there is a sticker on the handlebar that says tire pressure should be 1.5 front and 2.0 rear. But the user's manual says 1.75 front and 2.0 rear.

Which pressure do you recommend for Agility City 125 taking into account that I regularly ride solo and weigh about 70 Kg?

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 02:52:19 PM »
I'd do 1.8/2.0 bar.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

DanielMartins

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 10:05:10 AM »
Thanks! I'll give it a try.

old mod

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 06:47:41 PM »
Same scoot as me, i've found the bad wobble is down to the wheels and tyres, i fitted Dynabeads and they help to balance the wheels, it takes a few kilometres but it is improving all the time. Happy scooting

Portland Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 06:09:32 PM »
This "swinging" is often referred to as "head shake".  In extreme cases you get a "tank slapper" which obviously refers to a motorcycle where the bars shake from side to side and hit the tank.  It is a resonance thing that amplifies a problem in your bikes steering assembly/geometry.
In any case, this could be a potentially dangerous situation.
It could be a bad tire, axle or triple clamp.  Take it to a shop or check these things yourself if you are so inclined.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()