Author Topic: New Like 50 2t + Newbie Rider = good juju (life, breaking in a new engine, etc.)  (Read 27059 times)

Like50ninja

• View Profile
I've had the 70cc kit for 4k or so, and the tecnigas rs-ii pipe as well

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
..wwell, guess i missed a few posts...lol..

..i did experience something like that with my s9...i tried running the tech next, with both my oem box, and a malossi filter...

..had terrible issues with sputtering off idle..plug looked bad rich...

..i put my oem pipe back on, and tuned to just the filter...

..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
WOW. Maybe the oil is what kept you safe. well OEM airbox goes a long way to saving a lean jet too. Give it a shot with the corrected pump, and the plug. Try not to get into 1/2-wot until you get the pilot jet right, and then you can work on the midrange thru top Is this still the OEM carb? Does it have an adjustable needle?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
...nmo, none of the oem needles are adjustable, in my experience...

..they require mods to be able to run open air filters....

..in my exp, and all...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Like50ninja

• View Profile
It's an arreche 19mm carb and I'm not sure if the needle itself is adjustable
How could I tell?

Like50ninja

• View Profile
Yeah I was sputtering like crazy and it would shut off complely until I started adjusting the fuel air mix screw and upped my pilot, now it stays running at idle and almost runs perfect 1/4 to 1/2 still a minor sputter at 1/4 throttle

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
It's adjustable... Pull the cap off, and the slide will come out. Inside the slide is the needle. Making the needle higher makes the mix richer, and versa viisa. Your jet is perfect when the needle is in the middle so you can go either way a notch or two for temp/humidity. If you are lean on the 85, and rich on the 90 try the 90 with the needle lowered one or two clips from where it is now. That should get you on the money.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Like50ninja

• View Profile
Awesome when I get the 40 pilot in the mail I'll make the adjustments
Thank you so much for all the help I greatly appreciate it

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
Anytime Like!

Like50ninja

• View Profile
Just so I understand when u say making the needle higher that means 5 being the highest slot and 1 being the lowest if the needle is at 2 I would move it up to 3 or 4 right?

Like50ninja

• View Profile
Also how come everywhere I read it says that if my air mix screw is past 1.5 turns I need a smaller pilot jet
That clearly wasn't the case unless changing from a 30 to a 40 is downsizing cause as I changed from a 30-35-40 my air mix screw has gone from 6-4-?
Also if my piston rings are worn or my reeds have a gap in them could this be causing my mixture to run rich? If so any idea where I can purchase a reed valve assembly? I have found tons of websites with the malossi carbon fiber reeds or reed paper but I can't seem to find an assembly that fits my scooter.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
Just so I understand when u say making the needle higher that means 5 being the highest slot and 1 being the lowest if the needle is at 2 I would move it up to 3 or 4 right?
What I mean is raising the needle higher out of the jet makes the jet richer from about 1/2 throttle on. Lowering it makes the jet leaner. It is kind of a fine tunning portal for the main jet.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
Also how come everywhere I read it says that if my air mix screw is past 1.5 turns I need a smaller pilot jet
That clearly wasn't the case unless changing from a 30 to a 40 is downsizing cause as I changed from a 30-35-40 my air mix screw has gone from 6-4-?
Also if my piston rings are worn or my reeds have a gap in them could this be causing my mixture to run rich? If so any idea where I can purchase a reed valve assembly? I have found tons of websites with the malossi carbon fiber reeds or reed paper but I can't seem to find an assembly that fits my scooter.

You are thinking TOO much Like. Some carbs have air screws, and some have fuel screws. 1.5 turns is the MINIMUM amount of counter clockwise screw turns you want. The Maximum is 3.5. 2.5 is perfect.
 Your screw controls FUEL flow at idle/low speed. A bigger jet Naturally provides more fuel so you need to lessen the flow with your "fuel control idle mix screw."  Please don't get into the big words explanations. I'm too old. You can get reed blanks at ANY cycle shop. Or malossi custom at SPI, or I can get them for you at 10% off. malossiparts101@gmail.com

Like50ninja

• View Profile
Cool sorry for the confusion...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
No worries Bro... Just thinking too much causes cancer.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()