Author Topic: New Like 50 2t + Newbie Rider = good juju (life, breaking in a new engine, etc.)  (Read 27009 times)

Like50ninja

• View Profile
Haha it's def been a long and on going process to learn all about my scooter being the scooter virgin that I am, but I'm def enjoying it! I love learning and workin on my scooter

Like50ninja

• View Profile
I checked out that SIP site for the reed assembly and I must be a retard cause I still can't find one for my like 50, anyway u could help me hunt it down

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Scooter Parts International | 1-800-591-2670   Ask for Louie
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Like50ninja

• View Profile
So I contacted louie and even mailed him a sketch of what my reed valve assembly looks like and he couldnt match it to any reed valve assembly he had
I really need to find replacement reed petals that fit my stock assembly or a new reed valve assembly that uses the reed petals that came with the 70cc kit
any help would be greatly appreciated

Like50ninja

• View Profile
that was a pick of the reed valve assembly and here is a pick of the reed petals

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
If you have the 2t like 50 and i am not mistaken that is the same engine used in the ppl's, cobras, a.c s9's... The reed block you posted looks the same as well.....
Check and see if they are indeed the same.. i do believe they are. That'll save you a lot of head aches. ;)
I can look after my shower if need be tho...
The part number is SLIGHTLY off but the diagrams/pics are the same... imma gambling man... I just bet they are.. I seen a like at school recently and it was identical to the ppl engine
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

Like50ninja

• View Profile
Thanks a lot for your response, I really appreciate your help! I still can't seem to find an aftermarket reed block but I'm going to get the malossi carbon fiber reed petals they market for the ppl 50 and hope they fit my current reed block
In searching numerous sites for parts I came accross something called a boost bootle. I understand the theory of why they would work but are they truely beneficial

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
Only in rotary valve engines. They have no valid use in reed valve engines.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Like50ninja

• View Profile
I got the 40 pilot jet installed, I pulled the cylinder apart and replaced the piston rings, there was no scratches or anything on the piston or inside the cylinder
just looked like normal wear and tear. Inside the cylinder and the sides of the piston where completely smooth I didnt feel even the slightest scratch anywhere. The top of the piston was black is that normal? I bought the 20mm intake and found some reed petals that apparently fit my reed block. Guy who sold me the reed petals says my reed block is big enough to handle all the upgrades.  Waiting for those parts to come in the mail. With the 40 pilot installed it seems to run fine 1/4 to 1/2 and my air/fuel mix screw is at 3 turns from snug. It sputters really bad 1/2 to WOT with the 90 main jet. I seem to still be getting oil into the combustion chamber and its fouling my plug. Can faulty reed petals cause this? if not what could?

Like50ninja

• View Profile
I also got the silencer reps led. There is also a lot more white smoke coming from the exhaust. It has always smoked some but now it's super noticeable

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
It sounds too rich on the 90. try an 85 and see. The richer pilot is the contributer. You could try lowering the needle a notch or two to check. That may be all it needs

Like50ninja

• View Profile
Cool, I'll swap it up and let you know how it goes! Thanks again for all the help

Like50ninja

• View Profile
I didnt have an 85 jet so I had to order it, while I was waiting since I had a free-flow malossi air filter I decided to just put it on to see what would happen. With the 40 pilot and the 90 main jet it sputters at 1/4 throttle to almost 1/2 but then it kicks in and goes. The plug is no longer wet at all but it still has this matte black sooty Film on it. Where it creates the spark is completely dry and almost looks like the brown color it should be. It is 3 turns out from snug on the mix screw. It's also seems like once it gets really warmed up and I have opened it up all the way at least once the sputters are not as noticible at 1/4 to 1/2

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
If you lower your needle 1 notch it will be fine. If you dan't lower the needle then try a 38 pilot. Either one will work.

Like50ninja

• View Profile
Cool! I'll give the needle adjusting a shot, when I was putting the 40 pilot in I didn't see how the needle would adjust, but they don't have 38 pilots for the arreche so I'll take a look again. The arreche has been I giant pain in the ass to tune are dellorto's easier to work with. My friend has one he said he would just give me that has never been used

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()