Author Topic: New Like 50 2t + Newbie Rider = good juju (life, breaking in a new engine, etc.)  (Read 27674 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Delorto's are just as hard to work on. You have to remove it from the engine. But they are much better carbs overall. Parts are everywhere. I would give it a shot.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Like50ninja

• View Profile
I got some new carbon fiber reed petals and tried putting them on but they don't sit snug on the valve assembly. Is there a trick to getting them to stay flat and not leave a gap between the petal and the valve assembly?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
You may have Over tightened them. The screws need to be just SNUG, and blue Lock Tite MUST be used. Try loosening them to see if they sit flat. If not something is warped. You can flat file or block sand the cage, and I would test the reeds to see if they are flat on a pane of glass.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Like50ninja

• View Profile
Cool I'll try that, I dropped the needle and the sputters at 1/4 to 1/2 are practically no existant now. It sputters just slightly. I'm going to do a plug test today. Even with all the mods I've done it seems that it doesn't want to pass the 50mph mark. Am I ever going to be able to get it to run 50 or 55 with out having to go down a hill?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
Yeah... The Like can do it. It's all in patiently adjusting/re adjusting, and finally hitting it with a mallet.

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
    • American Scooter Forum - Scooter Invasion
Delorto's are just as hard to work on. You have to remove it from the engine. But they are much better carbs overall. Parts are everywhere. I would give it a shot.

Whaat?  :( Man, Dellortos are my all-time favorite.  Have you tried the PHBG Racing setup yet?  The one with the screw-on throttle cap and the main jet bolt in the bottom of the bowl?  Those two things make them a lot easier to tune. 

Hope you're doing well!

~Josh
www.scooterinvasion.net - Tech help, repairs & tuning.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
I haven't used the race versions. I was referring to the basic phgb. A carb with a bowl access plug, and screw off cap is really what you want. Saves alot of wear, and tear, as well as time.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Whaat?  Man

...i need me one of those for the 75cc ppl build....
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
Let me know. Check out the cost at Racing Planet, and SPI. I have accounts at both.

Like50ninja

• View Profile
That carb looks exactly like the one my friend gave me. I guess I might be trying that one out soon
Need to buy the jets for it and the manual choke cable
Any idea around what size jets I would need for that perticular carb
Is it hard to convert from an automatic choke to a manual choke?

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
..i been dealing with RP for a while...love their free shipping over 99...overseas stock deliveries can take a while tho...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 02:17:48 AM by wordslinger »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
I just wait. But there is always that one more part to get...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
I just wait

..yup...

Like50ninja

• View Profile
I just installed a malossi delta clutch, torque spring, belt and a new tire this morning. Now my scoot is making this vibration when I hit 40 to 45mph. Is that just the parts being new and needing to break in. I did notice that as I drove around it was very slowly getting better. Should I be worried? Did I install them wrong?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
If the tire bead is fully seated you may have an out of round tire. Run it up on the center stand to see.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()