Author Topic: Having trouble with the rear brake light  (Read 1002 times)

Punisher88

• View Profile
Having trouble with the rear brake light
« on: November 04, 2011, 05:34:15 PM »
I recently bought a 2009 kymco agility 50 and have been noticing that my rear brake light does not come on when then brakes are being applied, but the light does come on when the engine is running. Can anyone tell me or even give me some sort of dircetion as to what might be the problem

Bradders2125

• 2010 Agility 50
    • View Profile
Re: Having trouble with the rear brake light
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 11:48:50 PM »
I have a 2010 agility and it takes a single bulb for both operations. You can take the cover off and check the condition of the bulb. Its only 2 screws, I had to get a replacement a few months ago.

Brads

REDKYMCO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 06:20:07 PM »
Do you mean the brake light works when the engine is running or just the rear light works, bear in mind that the 1 bulb has a double filament one for the rear light and one for the brake light so either can fail and a new bulb required.....
IF IT IS NOT BROKE DONT FIX IT:)

Punisher88

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 08:07:13 AM »
The light works when the engine is running but when you apply the brakes, there is nothing. It almost acts like the bulb is blown out or something

Bradders2125

• 2010 Agility 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 02:10:14 PM »
I would remove the light cover and check the bulb. I got a replacement from a local parts store and it cost me about £1, I was expecting a higher price. So nothing too expensive, and its really simple to do yourself. If after that it still doesn't work, then it would be time to check further into the problem.

Brads

JustWantToRide

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 04:42:08 PM »
It could be the bulb has a filament burnt out - or one of the brake switches on the brake levers may need to be adjusted.  I rode my new Xciting home and discovered that I had gone through heavy traffic with no brake light - and it ended up that one of the switches was out of adjustment which meant the brake light was always on.

Can you start it without pulling in a brake lever?  If so - then pull the left one and then the right one.  If one makes a clicking sound and the other doesn't - then look at the one that doesn't click to find the switch and adjust it. 
2009 Xciting 500Ri
   52mpg so far

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()