Author Topic: thanks guys  (Read 2355 times)

Kieran

• View Profile
thanks guys
« on: November 08, 2011, 09:12:19 AM »
so i've got a 2010 agility again. i'm thinking because i'm new here, i should probably let you guys know my story. i've had three different kymco's believe it or not. i'm not a particular fan of them, because of how heavy they are and slow compared to a lot of other 50cc mopeds out there. anyway, i've had these bikes through a scheme called "Kickstart" which is a local charity set up in my area, to supply those who live too far from their place of work, a handy, cheap alternative to get to and from work, which is all at the price of £35 a week. But when i've paid off the price of the bike, i get to keep it, yeah? so it's like a loan on a bike i really didn't want, but it's handy all the same. Anyway, my first 2011 model got stolen outside of a library, my second bike they gave me was a 2010 model and that just conked out completely, rode it out to my friends one day and when i went to leave his, it just wouldn't start. and now i'm on to the third bike, which again, is another '10 plate. However, when i got it, it was of course limited to 30mph, and i wouldn't get a penny more out of it. But by searching these forums, i managed to cut the cdi box and now she's got a lot more extra power, i didn't even know was there. the cdi cutting job was pretty sketchy (used a carving knife and nearly sliced my fingers off), but now the beast can squeeze 36mph (according to the speedo anyway) on flat-land. anyway, the main question on my mind, was because i'm a complete stranger to these sorts of things, would you guys be able to recommend any good websites that sell the things i'd need to make this certain kymco go any faster? i'm in the uk too, so please no american websites. thanks in advance guys, and thanks for the tips on the cdi job too :D:D:D

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: thanks guys
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 03:38:39 PM »
I usually use ebay or this place,
 http://www.exportstrength.com/index.php?cPath=22_44
 also have used www.pedparts.co.uk
and www.chinesemotorcyclepartsonline.co.uk/
and also my local Kymco dealer has some stock parts or can get most things if i ask.

There are loads of places, just type into google. The 1st place i linked takes around 2-3 weeks for delivery but are pretty cheap and parts are ok quality, or the parts i got were anyway.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 10:27:52 PM »
It doesn't matter what country the store is in, just check the shipping price before you commit to buy, some have free shipping, some are reasonable and some are outragous.
I personally won't vouch for scooter assassins anymore, too many variators biting the dust and the clutch broke on the first run and they would not reply to emails. A case of I have the money so I don't care. You will find a lot of stores on ebay that sell scooter parts as streido has said.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

Kieran

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 09:17:40 AM »
oh i see, thanks for the help guys. i definately need a new exhaust, that's for sure, as the stock one on it at the minute is severely rusted and well, it's an awful eyesore

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 11:01:42 AM »
If it is only surface rust on the outside, you can always clean it up and paint it. I did the one on my zx and it turned out ok
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 11:09:33 AM »
I got oven paint from ebay and did my exhaust maybe 6-8 months ago. Still ok now but starting to come off a bit. Most decent high temp stove or oven paints will last around a yr or so then need redone again. I also got an exhaust off ebay ages ago for £16 i think. Much cheaper than a dealers.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 02:30:12 PM »
agree with streido paint well help the muffler last longer to give it a good coat of paint take it off the scoot and clean it good with wire brush give it a good coat let dry then whipe the paint tell it shines then give it two more coats.

kanbisk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 04:05:44 PM »
I got oven paint from ebay and did my exhaust maybe 6-8 months ago. Still ok now but starting to come off a bit. Most decent high temp stove or oven paints will last around a yr or so then need redone again. I also got an exhaust off ebay ages ago for £16 i think. Much cheaper than a dealers.

£16 ??? man thats cheap....................   I am out of words.
Agility 50 4 stroke 2008

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 05:00:41 PM »
£16 ??? man thats cheap....................   I am out of words.

It wasnt brand new but 2nd hand. Was almost new tho so seemed a good price.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

kanbisk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 10:48:50 PM »
It wasnt brand new but 2nd hand. Was almost new tho so seemed a good price.

ahh, thats more like it. thanks   ;-)
Agility 50 4 stroke 2008

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()