Author Topic: ER Max windscreen install  (Read 4486 times)

full of days

• View Profile
ER Max windscreen install
« on: November 15, 2011, 12:47:14 AM »
Installed the windscreen today.  I removed the US signal stalks and will be wiring the signals to euro spec integrated

Oldscoot

• View Profile
Re: ER Max windscreen install
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 01:00:10 PM »
That's a great looking screen.  Where did you buy it?

full of days

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 08:28:00 PM »
144 bucks shipped to the US...  this is the shorty version of the screen and not the super tall version.  The screen arrived in 2.5 weeks from France.  Your results may vary.

http://www.silverstonemotor.com/scooter-windscreen,us,3,14.cfm

Just an FYI - I had to remove the US turn signals so the bracket for the windscreen could go in the same spot.  (See pic 1 above)  I am now considering connecting the euro integrated signals on the bike which requires taking the front plastics apart or possibly wiring the hand guards with 12 volt LED's like some of the downtown 300  forum guys have done in the UK.   

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
windscreen looks great
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 03:17:35 PM »
Are those hand guards for protection from the cold wind, or crash protection?.
I like them.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 05:34:19 PM »
Thanks for the pictures!  Do you think you could take some more showing the scooter from a point further away so we can see the whole thing?  I was thinking a windscreen would do that scooter justice.  I really like the looks and specs of your 300.  Also wondering about those hand guards?  What is their intended purpose and what brand?  Thanks!

full of days

• View Profile
Re: Re: ER Max windscreen install
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 04:05:15 AM »
Acerbis flash handguards.  They come in different colors and have LEDs in each grip.  more for wind/rain protection than crash protection.  Ill post some pics tomorrow for the profile with the screen

Wanderer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 01:20:06 AM »
Just got my People GT 300i a week ago and love it.  It really does need the windscreen though.  I am considering getting the ERMAX windscreen.  Thanks for your photos.  Have you re-conected the US signals, or will you wire the Euro signals?

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 04:38:49 PM »
I have those hand guards.  They are well made and look good, particularly with the flashers on.  However, they give very limited wind protection.  You may be able to wire the hand guards to the turn signals.  Should look neat.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

Oldscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 02:53:51 PM »
I'm wondering whether the OEM signal could be also be accomodated along with the windshield by simply using a longer bolt to hold both the windshield bracket and the original signal.  I guess clearance might be an issue. 

Oldscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 07:35:06 PM »
Installed the windscreen today.  I removed the US signal stalks and will be wiring the signals to euro spec integrated

Two questions: (1) is your screen the black tinted model? and (2) How is visibility through the screen?

Thanks.

full of days

• View Profile
Re: Re: ER Max windscreen install
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2012, 05:40:41 PM »
Yes, it is a black tinted shield.  
The height is just below my sight line but when tucked under the screen, visibility is not an issue even in the rain...

This is the short screen and works great for wind/rain deflection.  

The rubber grommits squeak if you don't put silicone on install fyi.  that's the only niggle i have.

I have 2 fog light resistors and plan on replacing the handguard LEDs with 12 volt LEDs for hardwiring signals.  The stock us signals should have been euro spec...  Its just too much plastic to take apart on the front end.  

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

rgcolter

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 05:04:54 AM »
May I ask how long it took to remove the turn signal stalks, and how long it took to then install the windshield???  I'm considering buying this windscreen.  Many thanks...

Baldazzer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2013, 12:12:23 PM »
Nice. I just ordered one of these screens in "Clear Grey" with the "Dragon" print. Price was $171.46 shipped. Not cheap, but I like the way it mounts properly to the hard points on the handlebars where the cheesy US turn signals mount. Turn signals will be relocated to factory. Also ordered the Acerbis "Flash" hand guards. Hoping to wire up the LEDs as additional running lights.

Baldazzer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2013, 06:00:43 PM »
Well, I cancelled my order after being notified that shipping prices increased to over $90 Euro. It's a nice windshield, but that nice!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()