Author Topic: Bag of parts in new Kymco Agility 50  (Read 22834 times)

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Bag of parts in new Kymco Agility 50
« on: January 28, 2009, 03:19:42 PM »
Asked around the forums to no avail so I called the dealer service guy and got an answer! The sleeve is a replacement for the one in the CVT front pulley which has a limiter ring machined on it. The jet is a bigger main for utilizing the expanded range of the CVT. Two year warranty and soup-up parts! The warranty IS  still good after the parts are installed! Just don't booger anything up on dis- and re-assembly!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

yajblackburn

• 2004 ZX50, 2000 People 50, 2002 Yup50
    • View Profile
Re: Bag of parts in new Kymco Agility 50
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 05:37:15 PM »
If you replace those parts you will be doing 45mph!  Then you can do the CDI mod and go a little faster.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 07:07:10 PM »
The CDI mod has me a bit intimidated. I don't know if I want to cut into the potted unit to sever a little bitty wire. Have you done this with success?

Karl
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

phin63

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 02:21:15 PM »
You can buy an unrestricted CDI if you don't want to alter the one that you have now. They are not that expensive but vary in price depending on the source. Every so often there are basic derestriction kits for the Agility 50 on Ebay that run about $50 (U.S.). You get an unrestricted variator bushing, a larger carb jet and a performance air filter. From what I've read changing to a Bando race coil ($18 U.S.) can really improve the electronic performance of the scooter (better spark). I'm getting ready to make these changes to my scooter along with an Iridium spark plug for now to see what the scooter will do. If it get's up around 45mph then that would be nice. Then I hoping to install a big bore kit (85cc) and do an exhaust change sometime in the coming year but, that will run about $500 (U.S.) for parts so that will have to wait for now.  Paul

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 07:25:14 PM »
Appreciate the info, guys! I will post results after I do the work.

Karl
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

coolaide

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 10:35:23 PM »
I bought mine second hand and it never had the stuff with it. Any one know where i could pick a baggy up.

phin63

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 12:40:15 PM »
I just ordered an unrestricted or race CDI(new Kymco part) from an Ebay dealer . It cost $67 total to ship with insurance ($64 without insurance/ from Taiwan). When it arrives and is installed, I will post the result.  Paul

yvg

• Kymco Agility 50, Kymco Super 8 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 09:17:14 PM »
phin63,

Do you know the part number?

I have original Kymco unrestricted CDI unit, which performs quite well, and I am wondering if there is something better.

People at Philippines mentioned a kind of "programmable CDI from Kymco", but I've never been able to find its part number.

BTW, CDI replacement is a sub-minute procedure and definitely makes sense if you don't mind speed restrictions in your country.

Yury

phin63

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 12:25:59 AM »
I just ordered the CDI yesterday, and just today another Ebay dealer has them for about $55(U.S.) total which is $12 less than I paid.  At this point I only know that it is a:  Kymco 50 no rev limit CDI. It's most likely just like the one that you have. If there is a part number on it, or on the packaging I'll post it along with how well it performs. I have seen some programmable CDIs for sale. I haven't seen one for Kymco but they could be available.   Paul

phin63

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 07:00:36 PM »
The unrestricted CDI arrived today (Kymco TYC-D421). The scooter seemed to start easier. There was a noticeable increase of power in the motor. It was only 24 degrees Farenheit today so the test ride was not very long, but the overall performance did seem much better than it did before the change was made.   Paul

yvg

• Kymco Agility 50, Kymco Super 8 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009, 06:16:24 AM »
I have Kymco KY-D406 CDI unit, and the feeling is the same. With this unit I was able to speed engine up to 11,200 RPM. Would be interesting to find what is the difference between D406 and D412.

Yury

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 06:34:42 AM »
Do I get the same results by slicing the stock CDI until I cut the tiny wire? I can ask since y'all HIJACKED the thread! Nyuk, nyuk!

Karl
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

phin63

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 01:26:30 PM »
That question is on my mind, and I'm sure a few others too. I bought a new one thinking that if it has to go to the dealer for any type of work that the warranty wouldn't be voided because of an altered part (1 1/2 years left on warranty). One thing that is different is that the scooter now starts easily on the very first try. It's going to be around 50 degrees F today so I'll give it a better test ride. The restricted variator bushing is still in. I hope to get it changed in the next couple of days to find out how fast the scooter will go with these two new parts.  Paul              "When I nod my head,hit it."   Moe Howard

phin63

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 05:58:04 PM »
I took the scooter out for over an hour to test the unrestricted or "race" CDI (Kymco TYC-D421) yesterday. The performance of the scooter was improved in every aspect. The motor took on a more powerful feel and sound. At no time did it ever feel like the motor was turning at too high an RPM or that it was being strained in any way. This is simple to install. One screw holds the cover(center of floorboard),unplug the old one and plug in the new one,repace the cover. I highly recommend this part.  ;D      Paul

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2009, 12:59:07 PM »
Phin, I think you have a great idea there about the warranty issue. I am encouraged by your results as well. Mine has improved since I replaced the #80 withe the #82 jet.
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()