Author Topic: Off topic, but WOW! BMW scoot.  (Read 4528 times)

duesouth

• View Profile
Off topic, but WOW! BMW scoot.
« on: November 15, 2011, 07:31:21 PM »
Heated seat, grips, more leg room...More price. Wonder what the mpg's are?

http://www.webbikeworld.com/BMW-motorcycles/bmw-c-600/

Hoolander2

• View Profile
Re: Off topic, but WOW! BMW scoot.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 12:14:17 AM »
Best pics I've seen of these yet.  Drool . . .

duesouth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 05:18:41 PM »
Maybe it's the dumb helmet that makes me think this, but for some odd reason I want to tell the male model with the goofy (I don't know how this thing works, but I'm going to fake it) look on his face to get off the bike before he hurts it...The girl can stay.

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 05:23:35 PM »
You got it right!   :D

roboscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 07:08:50 PM »
what pictures and what styling.....move over t-max....and what will it cost?

duesouth

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 01:09:30 AM »
Looks like the Tmax is also getting a refresh with bigger engine and an interesting external belt drive for 2012. 

roboscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 05:49:54 AM »
yes but it still will be cheaper than the bmw....

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 08:36:44 AM »
Heated seat, grips, more leg room...More price. Wonder what the mpg's are?

http://www.webbikeworld.com/BMW-motorcycles/bmw-c-600/

Where I live, it will probably be possible to buy 190 hp motorcycle for the same money.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

duesouth

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2011, 02:57:58 PM »
Where I live, it will probably be possible to buy 190 hp motorcycle for the same money.

True.The BMW will be too expensive for me, I'm guessing 9-10 +/- depending on the bike/options. But with a motorcycle you don't get the storage, maneuverability, ease of operation for commuting, great weather protection.... I find that it's just hard to beat the DT, sure those other scoots do it in just about every aspect, except in two big areas, price, and performance/mpg ratio. I'm still tempted, but 20 mpg difference is a big one with gas prices where they are. I can ride the DT all day long and not feel it in the wallet. If the new Tmax, being lighter with new components, can bump the mpg from 49ish to 60ish. Well, that gets a little more tempting, and on longer rides, the added legroom would be welcome.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 04:05:54 PM »
True.The BMW will be too expensive for me, I'm guessing 9-10 +/- depending on the bike/options.

Twice that here.

p.s. Yes, I know.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

roboscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 07:09:45 PM »
i am with you duesouth and axy.......for the money and great gas milage..the dt is incredible ....i don't ride till i am empty but usually will fill up once i loose a bar on the gas meter.....so i ride (using high test).....for about 4 dollars every four-5 days.....this would be a combination of mostly local and (25%) highway.....

for comparison i have the hyosung 250 (ms3-)...efi......25 hp..(dt i think is 31 @ 7500 rpm..... and lighter than my dt by about 40 lbs....but the gas mileage......is no where as efficient....its a good looker and fast/powerful as well......but not as gas efficient as the dt.....i ride both to minimize "wear and tear"......and to have a back up ride if one of them becomes seriously ill.....

we are back up over 100 dollars a barrel on the oil....frankly i do not think we will be seeing 250 gas again (here in the usa).....last year at this time we were at about 288 a gallon....now in my area.....about 340 (you can get cheaper if you go unbranded)/////

As i worked as a marketing rep for bp in one of my earlier jobs fresh out of college....a long time ago but what still holds true even today is the fact that there is virtually no difference in the gasoline sold by shell or a delta station......its all the same stuff(same chemical additives with different dye colors added to the mix)....which i learned when i worked for an independent distributor.....who simply would pull up to a exxon or shell etc refinery and buy surplus from them and simply re-brand under their own banner.....

so you are not getting higher quality gas (possible exception-sunoco)...by buying branded.....so why not save yourself 15-25 cents a gallon?

clearly scooter manufacturers will be competing with one another to produce lighter, yet more powerful scooters with increased gasoline efficiency and i think kymco gets it.....

Lanyu

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 10:53:24 PM »
Its a lovely looking scooter extremely slick but..... for £7k basic for the c600s its of limits for most and I would rather spend my cash elsewhere. I sat on one at the NEC motorcycle live.

I was shocked by the lack of underseat storage space and the innovative pouch for the helmet didn't seem safe enough for me.

old geezer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 11:14:36 PM »
Engine is produced by Kymco with BMW technology+rights.

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 11:02:10 PM »
I looked into the BMW scooter. They also make a 650 Gt with 60 HORSE POWER! More of a touring version. Kind of looks like their new 6 cyl touring bike to me?  :-*

Lanyu

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2011, 05:42:23 PM »
Its amazing how similar the C600 sport is to Kymco's MYROAD 700i

especially when you look at the seats both produce similar power output 58/60 hp

Its a shame Kymco won't bring this bike out in the UK with the arrival of the BMW and new TMAX it would make sense but times are hard for most bike manufacturers trying to shift old stock  :(

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()