Author Topic: New Exhaust  (Read 1047 times)

Ducktart

• View Profile
New Exhaust
« on: November 18, 2011, 03:04:15 PM »
I've cut my CDI and swapped my clutch boss variator. The next thing I'd like to do is get a new exhaust. In you guys' experience, how does this impact top speed, fuel economy, etc. would you recommend it, and if so, any particular exhaust you would recommend?

Brad

juice

• View Profile
Re: New Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 03:09:27 PM »
Changing the exhaust on your 4-stroke a50 won't do anything but make your scooter louder and your wallet lighter . Good luck .

Resolve

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 03:16:24 PM »
^^^agreed. Based on everything I read, doing it by itself would be a waste unless you wanted more sound.  And you wouldn't be able to just slap it on and be done. From what I understand you would need to change the main jet to compensate for the exhaust.  Which could be time comsuning and trial and error until you got right mixture.

And to get the most out of an exhaust upgrade on a 4-stroke you should do an open intake filter. (like a Uni Filter) again you would need to adjust main jet to compensate for both.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 04:21:41 PM »
And to get the most out of an exhaust upgrade on a 4-stroke you should do an open intake filter. (like a Uni Filter) again you would need to adjust main jet to compensate for both.

..this is true...and once you do those things, you will find the need to tweak your cvt setup to maximize the increase in available horsepower...

peace
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 01:17:08 PM »
If your original exhaust breaks from corrosion (from driving in the winther whith salt on the roads for several years and lack of maintaining) you can buy a tuning exhaust cheaper than the original, because it has no catalysator. :)
An example is http://www.leovince.com/en/catalog-kymco/hand_made_agility_50_r12_4_stroke_2008/10537 which is approved in europe (donno in USA), but this will attract unnessersary attention from the police.
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 02:06:41 PM »
I beleave its a waste of time and money .I have seen to many upgrades like this and to many scoot brake down later.

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 02:31:20 PM »
I beleave its a waste of time and money .I have seen to many upgrades like this and to many scoot brake down later.

But when the original breaks, you can buy this kind as a replacement, as it is cheaper than an original.
As with any other scooter parts, you'll just have to buy quality, and not just some unbranded random part.
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()