Author Topic: Roller Weights and Clutch Spring  (Read 15295 times)

acrab78

• View Profile
Re: Roller Weights and Clutch Spring
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2012, 04:27:30 AM »

If you squeeze the belt into the clutch a bit it gives you slack to get the other end over the variator side. It took me ages 1st time i did it and i thought i would never get it on again. Either open up the clutch and sqeeze the belt in a bit or before you take off the variator squeeze the belt in the middle to pull it into the clutch and leave it there. If you take the clutch off of course it will prob clise up and push the belt back out.

I am having a heck  of a time getting my belt back on upon re assembly and was wondering how you "open up your clutch " so I can get the belt back on the drive next to the variator? Doesn't want to give me any slack and clutch seems tighter than when I removed it.....
Thanks

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2012, 10:48:53 AM »
It will be tighter since you now have a stiffer spring in it. I usually just put it on the ground and pull the moving face up towards me, it kinda twists as it pulls up, it may be hard but it does go. If you get it to pull up then hold it and ask someone to pit the belt over it and into the space. The belt will hold it open like that while you put the pulley on and then you will have the slack you need.

Or put the belt round the rear pulley, stick the pulley on the shaft and pull the belt at the end that goes over the variator which should pull it into the rear pulley. Just be carefull not to pull the bike off the stand.

It does go, quite easy once you did it a few times, just takes practice.

If you still cant get it then as a last resort you can try use a piece of wood like a wedge to softly hammer into the rear pulley and serperate it enough to get the belt in, then just hold it there and refit the pulley.

This link shows a way to do it....
http://www.battlescooter.com/26.html
Chaos is my co-pilot.

acrab78

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2012, 08:18:57 PM »
Thanks will try to wrestle with the rascal again either tonight or tomorrow....  fingers crossed!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()