Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 2085 times)

kevmax

• View Profile
Insurance
« on: November 29, 2011, 03:18:13 PM »
Well, I figure this is a pertinent topic...how to best insure my 2012 Super 8 150.  I have AAA in Southern California.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Anyone else use Progressive or another carrier?  Recommendations?  Costs and Coverage?

-Kevin

Wildbill

• View Profile
Re: Insurance
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 12:31:01 AM »
I have Allstate in Florida and i pay $61.00 for full coverage with towing on my Super 8 150 a year.
Bill

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 10:09:22 PM »
there is no one "best insurance company"  It all depends on the bike, rider, and location.  I shopped around and got the best deal from progressive.  Just shop around and see what the best deal is for you.

For what it's worth.  I used to sell motorcycles.  Whenever someone asked me about insurance I would recommend shopping around.  Most of the time they would end up going with progressive.
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

Portland Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 11:22:35 PM »
Progressive, full coverage, about $100/year

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 12:01:51 AM »
Progressive
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

skishades

• Point 'em and Pray
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 10:41:17 AM »
I shopped around and found Progressive and Geico to be exactly the same for me in N. California... I compared companies and Geico had better scores for service and repair.  I also have AAA for my car, and their quote was over $600 for me... similar coverage was a lot less through Progressive or Geico. Ultimately I started at the basic rate they both offered then upgraded the pieces that didn't send my coverage into the hundreds... got a good policy out of it from Geico.
I will ski till Hell freezes over... then I will have no fear of death.

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 11:09:28 AM »
Geico here (Vermont), too. $68/year. We shop around every year, and Geico seems to always be cheaper for us.

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

blitzjb

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 01:10:30 PM »
I own an insurance ageny in New York.  No 2 quotes will ever be equal.  Dozens of factors determine the rates. Such as Make, Model, Driver age, credit, driving record, garage location...etc....  I shopped around and purchased the policy from Progressive. I pay less than $200 a year for the most complete coverage they offer for my Super 8 150.  Check out my website for excellent insurance information. www.brookswaterburn.com
2012 Kymco Super 8 150

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()