Author Topic: Tuf oil  (Read 5843 times)

sissy mary

• View Profile
Tuf oil
« on: November 30, 2011, 01:48:40 PM »
I recommend this to everyone. www.tufoil.com  Note, can not be used with wet clutch, such as most motorcycles. Most scooters are fine, as they have dry clutch. My Lincoln can top 30mpg at 65. Guinness book of world records, worlds must efficient lubricant. :-*

old geezer

• View Profile
Re: Tuf oil
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 01:47:06 PM »
snake oil...I wouldn't put that stuff in a broken down lawn mower.

Edit, yeah I misspelled snake. Possible reason..I had cataract surgery yesterday, vision has not stabilized yet, and am taking hydrocodone.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 10:48:20 PM by scooterdude »

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 04:32:38 PM »
Sanke? ???

old geezer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 04:52:45 PM »
A product that does not work, marketing hype...

They say it was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as the "World's Most Efficient Lubricant," but I can't find any independent verification of that. The search function on the Guinness World Records website doesn't return any results for "tufoil," "efficient lubricant," or even "lubricant." I doubt it'll harm your engine but I definitely wouldn't use it.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1847112&Searchpage=3&Main=129248&Words=tufoil&Search=true#Post1847112

http://205.243.146.146/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1511168

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=284981

http://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/anyone-tried-tufoil-their-disco-39614/

http://community.cartalk.com/discussion/2117395/tufoil
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 09:17:04 PM by scooterdude »

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 03:38:36 AM »
Yeah, snake oil. Marketing hype! That's why lots of brands have already deleted the use of PTFE in their additives. Slick 50 has stopped marketing PTFE also. The new trend is Moly or Molybdenum Disulfite. Its worse than teflon because its metal! Its only good for dry lubrication like grease, etc.

TANWare

• E3.38, RP oil Eng & FD, Dr Pulley 20x12 14 gr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 05:22:24 AM »
The original idea of PTFE usage was to have a minimal coat left on the dry parts when drainage occured. Also there were false claims of this thin film imbeded to the surface of all the moving parts. With the anti-drain oil filters and exceptional synthetics these addatives are of no real use.

Now There are addatives that may help out Dino oils but you coud also just use partial synthetic oil too. In the end you are just better off choosing a major brand oil , dino/synthetic, and keep it and the filters changed often............

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 11:54:34 AM »
This company paid independant labs to test their product. In the roller ball test (a standard test for the industry), It took only a few seconds for most oils to start smoking do to heat build up of the balls rubbing together. I think the best synthetic oils and or other additives lasted at most 2 minutes. Tuf oil lasted about 13-16 DAYS. This stuff works. I also am very leary of all of this lube crap that is on the market, but I believe in this product.  :-X

TANWare

• E3.38, RP oil Eng & FD, Dr Pulley 20x12 14 gr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 01:39:07 PM »
This company paid independant labs to test their product. In the roller ball test (a standard test for the industry), It took only a few seconds for most oils to start smoking do to heat build up of the balls rubbing together. I think the best synthetic oils and or other additives lasted at most 2 minutes. Tuf oil lasted about 13-16 DAYS. This stuff works. I also am very leary of all of this lube crap that is on the market, but I believe in this product.  :-X

Even if true then you are talking about subjecting to surfaces to preasures not encountered in real world situations. Also with these tests they encounter free spin off of the lubricant not a bathed thin film as in a fed bearing. You have to relate apples to apples, their "tests" have little to do with what is experinced real wolr in an engine.

Now for a final gear drive this may be more relatable. Evn then though there is still some recirculation of lube...................

old geezer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 03:14:07 PM »
The 4 ball test was developed for grease. It was never meant for oil. The test is meaningless for oil.

Shell, Mobil and every other major oil blender are well aware of the 4-Ball wear test. What they are saying, and this includes Redline, is that this particular test has ZERO relevance to what goes on inside an engine. That is why no one else uses it. It's more of a grease test.

They paid a lab for the results they wanted. Some of these test were done over 20 years ago. Again I would not put that crap in any thing I own. And I have 53 years of automotive experience. P.T. Barnum was right...there is one born every minute.

http://forums.noria.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/616604995/m/357102898
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 04:52:57 PM by scooterdude »

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 11:28:07 PM »
What made me larf was the reference to Tufoil being "... an anti-friction lubricant." Wow, imagine that!

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 11:43:10 PM »
Then explain to me how my big V8 Lincoln get's 30 plus MPG when it is rated at 25? How is it that I get 50 plus MPG 2 up at high way speeds on my X5  , when no one else seems to be able to break 50 or even mid 40's? How about the engine temp's going down on all engines tested? Read their testtemonials about people getting 5,6,800,000 miles on their vehicals. The guy with the race engine that had to be rebuilt after every race or so, and now he hardly touches the engine. The corvette owner who sent his engine in to be rebuilt, and the shop refunded his money he paid for the new parts as everything was as new. And last but not least, the HYDRO ELECTRIC DAM that had dramatic reductions of tempurature where used? Read their heat chart! All oils run much hotter than the same engines with tufoil? You can't fake heat my friends. Heat in an engine = friction.  :-* NUFF SAID

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2011, 02:21:05 AM »
Then explain to me how my big V8 Lincoln get's 30 plus MPG when it is rated at 25? How is it that I get 50 plus MPG 2 up at high way speeds on my X5  , when no one else seems to be able to break 50 or even mid 40's? How about the engine temp's going down on all engines tested? Read their testtemonials about people getting 5,6,800,000 miles on their vehicals. The guy with the race engine that had to be rebuilt after every race or so, and now he hardly touches the engine. The corvette owner who sent his engine in to be rebuilt, and the shop refunded his money he paid for the new parts as everything was as new. And last but not least, the HYDRO ELECTRIC DAM that had dramatic reductions of tempurature where used? Read their heat chart! All oils run much hotter than the same engines with tufoil? You can't fake heat my friends. Heat in an engine = friction.  :-* NUFF SAID

Hmm...maybe Tuff oil got into your brain too...

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2011, 02:21:31 AM »
I have a rock that keeps tigers away.

old geezer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2011, 02:23:02 AM »
All hype. Sorry some people will believe any thing.

With the cafe going up and the automakers spending millions to get tenths of a mile improvement to meet the gov regulations don't you think they would be all over this free gas mileage.. ::)

Engines temps on water cooled engines are controlled by the coolant and the thermostat.

This crap came out over 20 years ago and has been disproved over time. Don't believe every thing you read. Your car will get the gas mileage it dose with any good synthetic. The rating of any car is an estimate. Says so right on the window sticker. Believe what you want to. Its your money, not mine.

Oh yeah I have some ocean front property  in Arizona for sale.

see link..

http://louisville.bbb.org/article/bbb-warns-dont-fall-for-gimmicks-involving-gas-saving-devices-26212
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 02:40:59 AM by scooterdude »

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2011, 03:53:33 AM »

This comment just shows that you are not familiar about the ball test.  This test bears little relation to what happens in an engine. This test is for marketing purposes only.  In this test, the relative sliding motion is in a constant direction, temperature, and force. This simplifies the hydrodynamics greatly. In an engine, this is not the case.  Its obvious that you were just engulfed by testimonials and "test results".  This is what Psychologists call "self deception".

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()