Author Topic: Help! How does one adjust headlight on Xciting 500  (Read 1964 times)

karlz

• View Profile
Help! How does one adjust headlight on Xciting 500
« on: December 02, 2011, 03:23:09 AM »
I found two screws under the front fairing that look like they're on either side of the headlamp area, but turning them doesn't seem to have any effect...Am I looking at the right adjusters and what does each one do, up/down, left/right, or some combination of these motions?

Thanks,
Karl

Hoolander2

• View Profile
Re: Help! How does one adjust headlight on Xciting 500
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 06:30:54 AM »
Yes, those should be the right screws.  You probably haven't turned them enough to notice the change.  Here's what the manual says:

HEADLIGHT AIM
Place the scooter on a level surface. Adjust the headlight beam vertically byturning the vertical beam adjuster. A clockwise rotation moves the beam up and counterclockwise rotation moves the beam
down. Adjust the headlight beam horizontally by turning the horizontal beam adjuster. A clockwise rotation moves the beam towardthe right side of the rider.  Adjust the headlight beam as specified by local laws and regulations.

The screw that's a little lower and which is on your right (as you sit on the scooter) is the vertical or up and down adjustment.  The other one is left to right or horizontal.

karlz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 06:37:42 AM »
Thanks so much! That's exactly what I needed to know...Now maybe cars will stop flashing their high beams at me.  :)

jan.strydom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 01:21:32 PM »
the twin light version

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()