Author Topic: Installed Grab On Grips  (Read 2423 times)

Oldscoot

• View Profile
Installed Grab On Grips
« on: December 09, 2011, 05:27:38 PM »
I installed a pair of Grab On grips. They simply slip over the current grip and add extra width and cushioning which leads to less hand fatigue.   

fshfindr

• View Profile
Re: Installed Grab On Grips
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 08:57:44 PM »
We/I need more.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 09:35:44 AM »
I installed a pair of Grab On grips. They simply slip over the current grip and add extra width and cushioning which leads to less hand fatigue.   

This is very strange. During winter I use removable velcro Oxford heated handgrips, wrapped over existing ones.
I cannot wait to remove them in the summer because they feel awkward and tiring to the hands.
Also, it is very difficult to have good feeling on the brakes and to twist the gas throttle fully.

I can imagine they can be helpful to somebody who has very large palms (I weigh 250 lbs, 5 ft 11 but have unusually small hands).
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

Oldscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 02:12:50 PM »
This is very strange. During winter I use removable velcro Oxford heated handgrips, wrapped over existing ones.
I cannot wait to remove them in the summer because they feel awkward and tiring to the hands.
Also, it is very difficult to have good feeling on the brakes and to twist the gas throttle fully.

I can imagine they can be helpful to somebody who has very large palms (I weigh 250 lbs, 5 ft 11 but have unusually small hands).

As with every individual - what works for someone might not work for another.  The smaller the grip the tighter the hand wraps around it - and that can lead in some cases (e.g. me) to cramping.  I tend to not hold the grip tightly unless I am in a situation where that hold is better and I tend to hold the grip in a more relaxed fashion. Thus, in my case the larger foam grip is suitable for that type of riding. If you have a small hand then the original grips are probably better for you.   

It is interesting to note that Harleys in all models have standard grips that are larger than metric motorcycles.

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 03:11:00 PM »
Right Oldscoot.  I never saw the need for these when I was younger.  Now approaching old age I get those cramps occasionally and they make it difficult to open the hand.  That's not good when you need to grab brakes!   I'll probably have to look into these someday.  ;)

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 10:42:05 AM »

It is interesting to note that Harleys in all models have standard grips that are larger than metric motorcycles.

... and not only Harleys.

Some bikes have diameter of 22 mm, the others 25.4 mm (Harleys :) )....
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()