Author Topic: HELP  (Read 3936 times)

roboscoot

• View Profile
Re: HELP
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2011, 03:20:15 AM »
fsh....you are my hero.....doing this at 73......i am in sixties.....and have been doing for a while.......a lot different than starting at 73.....

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2011, 12:22:05 AM »
All about fun, nothing else, just fun and luvin it.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 09:29:39 PM by fshfindr »
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2011, 06:12:54 AM »
Yeah, fshfindr, that is pretty cool starting at 73.  You want to really have some fun, get yourself a nice little dirt bike.  ;D  100 -125cc.   ;)

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2011, 07:06:01 AM »
I'm 50, riding since 16.  Back to the original question on bike covers. There are covers on sale that have retainer belts sewn on. Others even have holes that can accommodate cable locks or chains.  For the bike not to fall, the center stand is the most sensible.  In using side stands and your scoot doesn't have parking brakes, you can use velcro ties to tie at least one handbrake to prevent the bike from rolling. Use the big velcro ties used in securing RC car batteries.

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2011, 09:40:18 PM »
I definitely like the velcro idea.  With my shoulder, getting it up on the center stand is a bear until the cortisone kicks in if it does.  When I park on sloping ground, I try to get against a curb.  I even carry velcro in the box.  I certainly will use it on the brake.  Even though after loosing 2 flags, the velcro probably won't last long.

Richard L.
Richard L. in Bellmawr

MaryK

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2011, 11:52:41 PM »
The most important is to remember to remove the bike cover and stow it before riding.
Then it won't flap off!!!! ;D

Merry Christmas.

New Rider in 2010

2009 GrandVista 250

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2011, 02:29:26 AM »
Yeah, fshfindr, that is pretty cool starting at 73.  You want to really have some fun, get yourself a nice little dirt bike.  ;D  100 -125cc.   ;)

I started with dirt bikes in the 70's. Fun! Fun! Fun!  Now, its scooter stage. Squeeze and go!!! Different kind of fun. During scooter acceleration, I feel like a Star Wars Storm Trooper on a Speeder Bike on Return of the Jedi (Star Wars Episode VI)  ;D  Shhooooiiish!!!

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2011, 03:44:52 PM »
Vivo, when you wake up, look around and tell us where you are located & where you did the dirt bike thing.

Richard L.
Richard L. in Bellmawr

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2011, 01:13:53 AM »
I started with dirt bikes in the 70's. Fun! Fun! Fun!  Now, its scooter stage. Squeeze and go!!! Different kind of fun. During scooter acceleration, I feel like a Star Wars Storm Trooper on a Speeder Bike on Return of the Jedi (Star Wars Episode VI)  ;D  Shhooooiiish!!!

Exactly right, Vivo.  Good analogy.  :D 

Been thinking I ought to get a cover for my scooter too.  Will try to remember always to take it off before riding.   :D

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2011, 06:19:23 PM »
I am a little surprised that everyone does not cover their bike.  I quickly got tired of using the cover.  So I bought the cyclesshell Enclosure.  A bit expensive, but without a garage, it's the way to go.  It keeps the bike out of the weather and dry.  Either way, I would not leave it out under the weather.

Merry Christmas to all.
Richard L.
Richard L. in Bellmawr

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2011, 09:57:05 PM »
Im pushing 55 and rideing sense about 15 .any ways my parents always taught me to take care of the things you love and my scoots was one. rideing makes me feel young again so I ride a lot. sometimes to much so I always put a lot of miles on theam. care for your scoot and keep it under a cover of some typ. it well last longer and safe the life of you scoot. marry xmas.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2011, 01:46:22 AM »
Vivo, when you wake up, look around and tell us where you are located & where you did the dirt bike thing.

Richard L.

I'm from the Philippines and my dirt bike days was during high school in the mid '70s. Honda Mini-trail, Yamaha DT80 and DT100 Enduro, Honda Elsinore. At that age, however, I knew nothing about engines and other tech stuff. All I knew was ride, ride, ride and fun, fun, fun!  After dirt bikes came cars, cars, cars! Slaloms and quarter miles became my trip.  ;D

About bike covers, I always cover my bike when not in use to protect it from a lot of things.  Rain, sun, dust, bird droppings, etc.  Here's the thing, when you cover your bike you sort of "miss" seeing your bike for a while and when you remove the cover.. you have that nice feeling of seeing your bike again, Haha!!

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2011, 01:57:03 AM »
Vivo, you're right on about a lot of things.  ;)

My scooter stays in a little metal storage shed when at home, but thinking I want a cover for when I'm out on the town and all over the place.  I get tree sap on my new windshield! Not pine sap, thank goodness.  Givi says not to let the windshield take too much sun.  How bout that.   A cover will keep my seat dry in case it rains when I'm in somwhere. 

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2011, 02:52:00 AM »
Here, Acacia tree sap is the worst. The sap can melt rubber easily and really ruin your paint. The bike cover also prevents rain water from seeping in my battery compartment. The glass fuses inside the battery compartment of the Super 8 corrodes fast especially on wet weather. I'm planning to replace them with blade (ATC) fuses in the near future.

Here's another tip (at least for Super 8 owners). When parking on a rainy day, place a piece of synthetic chamois on your scoot's floor. The shammy will absorb and hold water away from your battery compartment.

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2011, 12:04:56 AM »
I used the velcro on the  brakes today.  Even tho the ground was level, I can see how it will work.  Good idea Vivo.

Richard L.
Richard L. in Bellmawr

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()