Author Topic: wot can i do  (Read 1403 times)

danthekymcoman

• View Profile
wot can i do
« on: February 04, 2009, 06:35:51 PM »
ive got a kymco 125 ck and every time im rideing the bike it trys to die on me wot i think it is posable fuel starveshon how can i sort this out can some help me pls...

more info .... when it wot to when im going flat out or slow or hot or cold it dosen matter i all ways have a full tank on the bike it dies when it wont to i dont no when its going to do as it just happens no matter wher im on a hill or flat or down hill its a funny thing ther no reason for it to happen so help

« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 03:22:48 PM by danthekymcoman »

OldGuy

• View Profile
Re: wot can i do
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 07:52:42 PM »
Define "trys to die". Under what conditions. Hot, cold, tornado, sandstorm, full throttle, light throttle. full tank, near empty tank, hills, flats? Lots more information needed. ???
OldGuy
Wanna be GrandVista rider

Inside every old person is a young person wondering,
"What the heck happened?"

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
    • American Scooter Forum - Scooter Invasion
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 05:03:00 AM »
ive got a kymco 125 ck and every time im rideing the bike it trys to die on me wot i think it is posable fuel starveshon how can i sort this out can some help me pls...

more info .... when it wot to when im going flat out or slow or hot or cold it dosen matter i all ways have a full tank on the bike it dies when it wont to i dont no when its going to do as it just happens no matter wher im on a hill or flat or down hill its a funny thing ther no reason for it to happen so hel

You probably have a bit of water in your fuel, or something similar that's blocking your main jet.  When you're at WOT the main jet is the part of the carburetor that has the most to do with fuel getting into your engine.  It is possible to get it taken care of with a "quick fix" but really you should take your carburetor apart and clean it very well, paying special attention to the jets.  A digital camera is your best friend!  Take a picture every single step of the way if you're not used to doing this type of work, that way you'll be able to look and see where all the different hoses and such connect back, etc.

A can of carburetor cleaner is needed, as well as some basic tools.  :D

All the best,

~Josh
www.scooterinvasion.net - Tech help, repairs & tuning.

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 10:48:53 AM »
Taking pictures of each step is a good idea.  Then post them here for safe keeping ;)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()