Author Topic: Aftermarket horns?  (Read 2908 times)

JustWantToRide

• View Profile
Re: Aftermarket horns?
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 08:21:29 PM »
The Wolo Bad Boy 419 and Stebel Nautilus compact are very similar.  They are both dual tone horns, and are similar in looks, sounds, and price.  Wolo claims 118 decibels, Stebel claims 138 - but they are from different distances.  For the same price I would grab the Stebel because I've owned more of them.  If one was cheaper then I'd buy the cheaper (I've owned one Wolo Bad Boy and it sounded exactly like the Stebel i replaced (a car backed into my bike while it was parked).

Important for either one - mount it using a relay and heavy enough wire.  Mount it upright, facing forward, with room to intake air, and unobstructed area in front of it. 
2009 Xciting 500Ri
   52mpg so far

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Aftermarket horns?
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 08:41:54 PM »
I would most likely shoot the fella w. the air horn (reflex). Just a thought. You can add (2) horns of the same frequency (sound out put/tone) and get 1/2 of the db's. The reason is called frequency calculation or phasing. Adding a second horn of a different tone will give more db's. Perhaps a cheap oem horn of a different tone added in parallel will give equal or better results than a $100.00 horn?  Just a thought!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()