Author Topic: Got my CBT tomorrow!!!  (Read 3317 times)

tomb2112

• View Profile
Got my CBT tomorrow!!!
« on: December 20, 2011, 09:30:19 PM »
hiya got my CBT tomorrow and really nervous about it! ive had a go a couple of times on my scooter, im alright on it lol but i pretty scared im going to fail it! any tips on how not to fail it lol
:)

fshfindr

• View Profile
Re: Got my CBT tomorrow!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 09:33:59 PM »
Point your head and eyes where you want to go when you turn or corner.  Do not look down, look toward your destination.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

roboscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 12:19:44 AM »
i know how you feel.......got my mc license years ago but foolishly let it expire and had to go through entire process all over again.....make sure you hear and understand the instructions the inspector gives you before you attempt to execute....easier to use a small scooter 90cc to get through this.....if you are using something bigger and don't succeed.....rent a smaller scooter next time.......if you are using something with a 60 inch wheel base ...you will have a harder time cournering and maneuvering also on stopping exercise...make sure you apply both brakes equally.....applying to much to the front break may cause the bike rear wheel to rise/jump....and you may loose points for this....

of course the main thing is not to loose control of the scooter...in my state nj...if you dump the scooter you automatically fail/test is stopped. don't  know how it works in your state but you are allowed to make some errors.....stay balanced, try not to put your feet on the ground or touch the ground during an exercise....the trick is not to use your brakes unless on the  breaking...or swerve... exercise......where you have to come to a dead stop.... in general exercising control.while moving at a  relatively slow speed is a skill that must be learned... its a matter of using the brakes and throttle control.together...even if you don't make it the first time....look at it as a learning experience and listen to the instructor's/inspector's feedback......good luck....

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 03:16:56 PM »
I think that they stopped testing in NJ.  You must take the training now and get your license through the class.  I flunked the test at the DMV but passed at the class.

Richard L.
Richard L. in Bellmawr

old geezer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 03:26:02 PM »
Ah, for the good ole days. In the 60s when I got my MC license, I rode my motorcycle out to the testing place. There was a lady giving a guy a riding test. Consisted of doing a figure 8 in the parking lot.

She looked at me as I got off my bike and said I can see you already know how to ride so you can just take the written test. I was out of there in 20 min. I have kept my MC endorsement over the years.

roboscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 05:03:51 PM »
richard was aware you can take a state sponsored class...harley offers...and fdu....but was not aware the dmv no longer gives the test/at their state facilities...i know you no longer need to get your bike inspected....but have not heard they are out of the testing/riding process....i know someone who passed the written and tried scheduling....the riding portion and was told....they do not give in winter months and was told to schedule in the spring....sure you got this right?

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 06:33:37 PM »
In NJ you must enroll in an approved Basic Rider Course.  You must pass the test that they give in order to get a certificate of successful completion.  You then bring the cert. to the DMV at which time they will license you with no further testing.  They no longer test at the DMV.

Richard L.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 06:36:31 PM by fshfindr »
Richard L. in Bellmawr

roboscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 03:12:55 AM »
richard....thanks....i have a lady friend who has her permit.....but based on this info she will need to get into a class...frankly....i am glad....they went this route.....the existing test is absurd...many will lose jobs....inspectors.....those small outfits that gave you lessons prior to your dmv test.....etc.....obviously the state can not afford anymore.....the new approach is closer to the european model...there you actually are taken on a course where the tester feeds you instructions ...on what to do VIA microphone/headphone.....much more realistic to actual riding conditions encountered......

roboscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 03:14:05 AM »
tomb.....how did you do on your test?

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 12:19:03 AM »
Yes, and the training is very good, I'm glad I did it.  And now Tomb2112, we all want to know how you did.  I'd also like to know what state if US.
Richard L. in Bellmawr

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 06:00:56 AM »
Yep, we want to know. ! 

tomb2112

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2011, 08:55:57 PM »
i passed! im on the road! its great, so much more freedom :D

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2011, 08:58:10 PM »
Congrats, welcome to the group. 
Richard L. in Bellmawr

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2011, 09:16:15 PM »
Congratultions, welcome to the world of scooting.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2011, 01:07:55 AM »
Yep, freedom's the word!  Ride SAFE buddy.  Update us on your adventures.  ;)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()