Author Topic: Agility 125 start up problems  (Read 930 times)

charlie2012

• View Profile
Agility 125 start up problems
« on: December 24, 2011, 05:55:47 PM »
Hello, just got a brand new A 125  2012 model  started up fine firts day of delivery and after that it would start up and as soon as i would give it throttle it would die and then would try few mins later and it would start for a second and die again  I live in a small suburb of san francico area bought from rockridge two wheel called them up dealer said it must not be getting gas it sounds like the jet may be carmelized yummy I said its brand new why the hell should the jet already be dirty he asked has it been sitting i said no i been trying to start it up to go out on it so  I changed the oil just in case it was flooding put shell rotella in started right up went for a good 20 mile ride rode perfect started up perfect and then rode home let sit for about 4 hours wont start just would start for a second give a little throttle and it would die so i told myself I dont want to start takeing apart my new scoot that  I never imagined i would ever have a problem w/ I was a mechanic / bodyman for 26 years / I have cervical and thoracic back problems constant pain allday so anyway decided to go get new plug found the correct plug for the agility 125 which states in owners manual a CR7HSA which is a ngk plug took seat off helmet compartment and the other body piece thats under the front of seat easy to get to plug so I start to take out plug and it seems so fricken tight im like what the eff.. I could not belive what  I  saw they the dealer I assume had the little washer on the spark plug cross threaded in to the spark plug threads looks like they put some kind of anti seize or some type of goop on the plug threads so anyway threads looked fine put new plug in put back together started right up changed oil again gonna go for a test ride later lets ya now what happens later ... hopefully it will start up w/ no issues...

Hoolander2

• View Profile
Re: Agility 125 start up problems
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 02:06:48 AM »
Maybe this has fixed the problem.  Hope so.  Are you saying you changed oil after only about 20 miles of riding?   

These small engines are tempermental to the ethanol they're adding to gasoline these days.  Get some Star Tron additive at Walmart marine section or a boat shop and add about an ounce to a full tank of gas.  It will clean any deposits out gradually.  Use for at least a couple of tankfulls.  After that you can keep using each tankful or just whenever you think you need it. 

Welcome and keep us updated.  ;) 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()