Author Topic: Enough talking about it, time to do something!  (Read 10743 times)

Syl

• View Profile
Re: Enough talking about it, time to do something!
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2012, 12:29:29 PM »
Cortez, thanks much for the input...info, pixs etc. As a new rider in knowledge of the DT 300i people like yourself are really appreciated.
I see you are somewhat a photo bug and that is greatly appreciated being I am a retired news photographer. I can talk about photography but when it comes to the mechanics etc. I am a good listener and reader! Again, I thank people like you who take the time to thoroughly input knowledge for people like myself. about photography, I take my camera gear everywhere I go on the dt300i...places where an automobile can't go! I wish there were people/riders like yourself near my location. Again..thanks..Cortez.

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2012, 04:00:24 PM »
Cortez, thanks much for the input...info, pixs etc. As a new rider in knowledge of the DT 300i people like yourself are really appreciated.
I see you are somewhat a photo bug and that is greatly appreciated being I am a retired news photographer. I can talk about photography but when it comes to the mechanics etc. I am a good listener and reader! Again, I thank people like you who take the time to thoroughly input knowledge for people like myself. about photography, I take my camera gear everywhere I go on the dt300i...places where an automobile can't go! I wish there were people/riders like yourself near my location. Again..thanks..Cortez.

You're welcome!  ;D

Yeah, I'm into photography for 10 years, probably.. but could never afford some proper gear, been using a 10 year
old Olympus 5060 until few months ago when I got my Canon 550d. Now I'm stuck with the kit lens!  ::)
I post stuff here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cortez_cro/ (that I think is worth anyone's time).
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

TANWare

• E3.38, RP oil Eng & FD, Dr Pulley 20x12 14 gr
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2012, 06:56:47 PM »
I have a canon 40D but soon will get a 7D. I only have the kit lens and 70-300mm IS...............

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2012, 05:49:57 PM »
Nice Camera Cortez and I viewed some of the photo's...very nice. I have mostly all Nikon gear with the assortment of lenses etc but believe me I enjoy but one camera to take with me on the scooter. Believe it or not I take the Kodak Z981 and tripod instead of all those lenses. with some of the camera gear I have I can go to approx. 1,000.00 mm. If need more I use the telescope! I taught photography for a good while and worked at many different aspects of it. Will go back to your site to view more later..now off to work!

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 10:26:13 AM »
I'd probably get a Fuji X100 to carry with me on the scoot at all times if I could afford it now,
but the little bugger costs more then my dSLR!
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 11:22:48 PM »
I understand money is tight but what I paid for the Kodak Z981 is really a great buy. If you get a chance, check it out and for awhile, Sam's was selling it for 219.00. I believe the results will surprise you. I use ACDsee Pro 5 to work my pix's and really it's all I need.

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2012, 08:09:38 PM »
Just got my 14gr Dr Pulleys!

$40+shipping from http://www.buggypartsnw.com/ in
3 weeks, half way around the world. They were recommended by the
Pulley guys over e-mail so..
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2012, 05:29:32 AM »
I found you can press the center weights out of your rollers/sliders, and swap them around. It saves ALOT of money. Before you toss any worn rollers/sliders...keep the weights.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2012, 09:06:49 AM »
Cortez, appreciated all your input on the 300i, thanks. I have one point/question I believe I asked much earlier while on this Forum. Try to give an example here: Coming to a stop sign or light, letting off the throttle and basically trying to coast up but than finding I need a bit more throttle to the stop, I attempt to throttle as easy as I can but no matter what, I get that jump of the bike to throttle up a bit. It almost feels like there is no engine idle during that coasting and than the throttle up a bit....makes the jumping to speed up just a hair. Tried to explain that to the best of my layman knowledge! I rely more on the knowledge on here than I do from the area I live being I haven't run into any other 300i owners close to me.

racewalker

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2012, 09:36:28 AM »
Cortez, appreciated all your input on the 300i, thanks. I have one point/question I believe I asked much earlier while on this Forum. Try to give an example here: Coming to a stop sign or light, letting off the throttle and basically trying to coast up but than finding I need a bit more throttle to the stop, I attempt to throttle as easy as I can but no matter what, I get that jump of the bike to throttle up a bit. It almost feels like there is no engine idle during that coasting and than the throttle up a bit....makes the jumping to speed up just a hair. Tried to explain that to the best of my layman knowledge! I rely more on the knowledge on here than I do from the area I live being I haven't run into any other 300i owners close to me.
I have noticed that as well. On mine the clutch does not drop out until 11 miles an hour so if you are running faster than that the engin is still turning above an idel even tho you are not giving it gas. When you hit the gas you feel it instantly. below eleven it is smother because the clutch has to connect again.
08 People S 125
11 Downtown 300i

TANWare

• E3.38, RP oil Eng & FD, Dr Pulley 20x12 14 gr
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2012, 11:10:37 AM »
I have learned to feather it in. Still you can never 100% get it on the money but I've gotten pretty good at it. More importantly you also get better at judging the let off points to coast. Overall for an auto engagement system I am fairly happy...............

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2012, 06:32:17 PM »

Every single scooter does this to a certain degree, you just need to learn to "adjust" your right wrist for smooth action.
The DT300 responds very quickly to inputs that are more then a few % of throttle, as you may have noticed.

It's easier to do on some other scoots, but not an issue in the long run.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2012, 12:48:22 AM »
The real fix is the torsion/control/contra spring in the clutch. The factory spring is very light compared to after market springs. A stiffer spring does several things for you...Most important it will "hold" a lower ratio longer improving take off, and a more natural feeling to the cvt. Secondly the opposite is true... It will hold the clutch engaged to allow the engine to "Brake" the scoot. Springs run around 20-30 bucks in the 300cc range. They come in three main stiffnesses/sizes. 1000, 1500, and 2000. For most riders the 1000 is a good choice. You will find your scoot revs higher due to it holding lower in the gearing. If that bothers you go heavier on the rollers to bring the rpm's back where you want them. The Contra spring is my favorite mod as it makes a cvt feel like a full auto trans.
http://www.mhr-usa.com/torque-springs/
Even tho I don't shop at this shop... they will have all the info
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2012, 09:12:01 AM »
zombie....thank you for that information..even though that is over my head, I will look into it more being this subject is the only thing that bothers me about my scooter. I have to think this would be a service call with a good mechanic. Would it have any affect on warranty? If this is a way to solve this issue...I would be grateful for that. A big problem I have with this condition is going around a corner, I have to always try to get to a good coasting speed and let off going around it or in attempting to throttle any makes it a bit chancy in order not to jump it around and maybe out of control.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2012, 12:15:42 AM »
This mod will rock your world then. That is where it shines. Corners become contests. Not having engine control is the biggest factor to stereotyping a scooter. This spring is what makes a scoot ride like a bike. A good shop can install a torsion spring in an hour. Much less really, but an hour is fair. Torsion springs / variators / clutches / ect. do not void the warranty IF installed by a Kymco Dealer. Other than that you are on your own SOMETIMES. Ask the Dealer who would handle your warranty. They all vary.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()