Author Topic: Thanks  (Read 3469 times)

Kernow70

• View Profile
Thanks
« on: January 07, 2012, 09:38:10 AM »
Hi everyone
Just got my first agility 10 plate and after reading this forum I thought I would say thanks for the amazing advice on derestriction.
I have ordered a new boss 82 jet and will be getting the hacksaw out on the CDI. I have read a few posts to say post 09 plate bikes don't need a cut Cdi just the boss and jet. Any advice as mine is a 2010?

One post from a long time ago said if fitting a bigger jet you need to adjust carb as well. Don't think you do? Any advice?

Thanks again. I think the agility is a fantastic bike. Living in London it makes a lot of sense!
Cheers

blue

• View Profile
Re: Thanks
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 01:04:23 PM »
Looks like you are doing good just double check on the cdi befor cuting you may not need too.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 02:21:25 PM »
..welcome to th' forum!!..

..the 09 i bought for parts had a restricted cdi...but i live in th states...not sure what you might find on th other side of th pool..

..correctly cutting it will do no harm anyway....

One post from a long time ago said if fitting a bigger jet you need to adjust carb as well. Don't think you do? Any advice?

..ive found that if i significantly change the main jet, i have to tweak the idle mix slightly..

peace
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 02:27:32 PM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 03:08:49 PM »
Hi everyone
Just got my first agility 10 plate and after reading this forum I thought I would say thanks for the amazing advice on derestriction.
I have ordered a new boss 82 jet and will be getting the hacksaw out on the CDI. I have read a few posts to say post 09 plate bikes don't need a cut Cdi just the boss and jet. Any advice as mine is a 2010?

Thanks again. I think the agility is a fantastic bike. Living in London it makes a lot of sense!
Cheers

Im pretty sure it was 2010 onwards in the UK where they dont have a restricted cdi, anything before 2010 does (i think)  :-\

My 2008 cdi was restricted but another uk member (jezyg)  has a 2010 im sure and his did not need desetricted. I found it easier to file the whole top corner off my cdi cos i couldnt see the wire when i used a hacksaw and missed it, twice,so gave up and got the file out. Think wordslinger posted up his ages ago which he did the same way,i just copied that exactly.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 03:32:11 PM by streido »
Chaos is my co-pilot.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 06:14:44 PM »
..this what you talking about streido?

;D
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 08:14:06 PM »
..this what you talking about streido?

;D

Yup, thats the baby, you cant miss the wire this way  ;D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 10:51:22 AM »
I bought my ag in the end of august 2010. It's manufactured in june 2010. and it was restricted cdi inside.
for central/southern europe market though if it makes any difference

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 07:44:31 AM »
My first agility were a 2008 model, and that had a restricted CDI. Then my new scooter is a may 2010 model, and the CDI is slightly diffrent, as there is a bigger piece of plastic in the connection in the old one, than in the new one, so the new can be installed in the old bike, but the old CDI cant fully be installed in the new, as it wont "click".

Although the new could be started with the old CDI, but standing stationary, it didnt seem like there were any diffrence in the revs. :) I'll try going for a longer ride soon with both CDI's to check if theres a diffrence :)
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

baddi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 08:30:24 AM »
The 2010 CDI IS RESTRICTED!
My scooter did 18 mph with the 2010 cdi in it, and with malossi multivar. Then i put my cutted 2008 cdi in, and now it goes much better, past 30 mph, but i dont know how much, as my speedometer is stuck at 18 mph. :S

woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 11:53:24 AM »
The 2010 CDI IS RESTRICTED!
My scooter did 18 mph with the 2010 cdi in it, and with malossi multivar. Then i put my cutted 2008 cdi in, and now it goes much better, past 30 mph, but i dont know how much, as my speedometer is stuck at 18 mph. :S
even comletely restricted ag 50 needs to go well over 18mph. you say your speedo is stuck at 18mph and I had the same problem when scoot was new. It was factory foult and solved by dealer at no charge. just re-route speedo cable at the right around forks because it's tight and pressing tacho needle against tacho.

baddi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 12:36:36 PM »
NOPE in denmark, its restricted to 18 mph -.- and it SUCKS!

baddi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 01:04:26 PM »
even comletely restricted ag 50 needs to go well over 18mph. you say your speedo is stuck at 18mph and I had the same problem when scoot was new. It was factory foult and solved by dealer at no charge. just re-route speedo cable at the right around forks because it's tight and pressing tacho needle against tacho.

In Denmark, the scooter exists in 2 forms: little scooter, restricted to 18 mph, and big scooter restricted to around 25 mph. The scooters are identical, apart from restriction in the vario. The little scooter can be driven, when your 16 and have a drivers license for it, and the big scooter can be driven when your 18 and have a drivers license for car, or MC. As im 16 years old, its only legal for me to drive the small one, and removing restrictions will make the "technical info" count as an MC, and because its not registered as a MC, and i dont have license for MC, and its uninsured as MC.. Then this is highly illegal, but 18 mph is just too little! im getting overhauled by cyklist! >D

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 01:21:31 PM »
In Denmark, the scooter exists in 2 forms: little scooter, restricted to 18 mph, and big scooter restricted to around 25 mph. The scooters are identical, apart from restriction in the vario. The little scooter can be driven, when your 16 and have a drivers license for it, and the big scooter can be driven when your 18 and have a drivers license for car, or MC. As im 16 years old, its only legal for me to drive the small one, and removing restrictions will make the "technical info" count as an MC, and because its not registered as a MC, and i dont have license for MC, and its uninsured as MC.. Then this is highly illegal, but 18 mph is just too little! im getting overhauled by cyklist! >D

Wow Baddi, thats pretty messed up  :( 18mph!!! I used to get 26mph out my mountain bike using only pedal power! Sound way way dangerous to be riding safely so slow in traffic.

Im in Scotland and we can ride a 50cc limited to 30mph at 16 on learner plates after doing a basic test. I am slightly older (well a lot olderreally  ;D ) so i can ride my 50cc on my car license without the need for any other test but again legally im meant to be restricted to 30mph. I found this too slow and dangerous so derestricted my scoot so i now average 40-45mph (illegally). I find it much safer and can keep up with traffic and dont get overtaken all day like before. If i get stopped and they checked over my scoot i would prob get a warning 1st tho i could be fined and have points on my license for doing it. Actually they could sieze my scoot from me and but it all comes down to the cops attitude. No matter, i take the risk because for me a restricted scoot is dangerous because it is too slow for midern traffic. I could never ride at 18mph tho, i would rather cycle.

I just ride with one eye looking out gor cops or speed cameras and slow down if i see any.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

REDKYMCO

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 01:32:30 PM »
Im also riding my agility 50 on my car licence although its still restricted 30mph which can be a pain on country roads when everyone wants to overtake me, i had the idea to keep it restricted would at least mean i could not get caught speeding as there are speed traps reguarly set up in north wales, 10 percent over limit and its 3 points 75pounds fine, but the other day i might have been caught speeding doing about 25mph on the speedo in a 20mph there was a speed camera van set up in that zone.....
IF IT IS NOT BROKE DONT FIX IT:)

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2012, 01:59:00 PM »
Im also riding my agility 50 on my car licence although its still restricted 30mph which can be a pain on country roads when everyone wants to overtake me, i had the idea to keep it restricted would at least mean i could not get caught speeding as there are speed traps reguarly set up in north wales, 10 percent over limit and its 3 points 75pounds fine, but the other day i might have been caught speeding doing about 25mph on the speedo in a 20mph there was a speed camera van set up in that zone.....

Where i live we have back coumtry roads too and even with my derestriction i also get cars lining up behind me to overtake, i hate to imagine how bad it must be at 30mph. It hasnt been a problem for me so far but i know i could be stopped anytime and be fined etc but i really think most cops are more concerned with young 16-17 yr olds tearing around on unrestricted scoots, i believe they tend to leave older riders alone as long as they dont ride dangerously. This was told to me by my neighbour who is also a local cop and biker. I still accept i can be caught anytime but just take the chance and hope i dont! I plan sitting my cbt in feb or march anyway now cos im building a Vespa T5 classic 125cc so need the test to ride that once its finished.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()