Author Topic: Top Cases for Super 8 150cc Question  (Read 9072 times)

skishades

• Point 'em and Pray
    • View Profile
Re: Top Cases for Super 8 150cc Question
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2012, 09:13:45 AM »
I have been shopping the coocase S50-L and the Givi B47 Blade Lux... The Givi is about $386.10 for the deluxe version (taillights, remote entry) and the CooCase is $299.99 for the Luxe (taillights, remote entry AND alarm).  Reviewing them, there is no review on the Givi because the Blade is brand new (it was not out a couple weeks ago) but the CooCase has a few.  The CooCase has been getting good reviews but there is one con that comes up frequently... the taillights are two LED's on each side, which are not that visible.  There is a kit to improve it for about $79 dollars for a very bright brake light.  By the time I compare Coocase (with the backrest ($40) and improved brake light ($79)) with the Givi Blade (with the backrest ($45)), they cost very similar.  418 for the coocase and 431 for the Givi.  There is a promotion on the Givi that gives free shipping while the Coocase is about $60 for shipping.  I am thinking of going with the Givi because the sharp lines of their new case (the Blade) would really go well with the Super 8 lines.  Does anyone have experience with Givi? or the Coocase?  Both would fit my helmets and they are extremely close is size (48L vs 47L).  Any recomendations?
I will ski till Hell freezes over... then I will have no fear of death.

MassScoot

• View Profile
Re: Top Cases for Super 8 150cc Question
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2012, 07:07:30 PM »
I purchased a Shad 33 liter ($139.00 installed) with the optional Kymco SKU# K0SP59ST trunk mount (@ $35.00 installed) The dealer I purchased it from (Tropical Scooters of Vero Florida) said that she has installed countless Shad 33 for the Super 8. She mentioned that too large of a case looks a little "silly" on medium sized scoots & I agree with her. The 33 is fine for me. It's not like I'm taking the Super 8 on a 300 mile cruise. A lot of 30-40 mile trips, here & there. She also mentioned that she get's a better price buying from Kymco direct vs. Shad, plus it comes with the backrest for a cheaper price!
Gloucester, MA. (Home of the Perfect Storm)
2012 Silver Kymco GT300i (Biondi Windshield/Shad SH40 Cargo Topcase)
2015 White Honda PCX150 (Shad SH37 Topcase)
2013 Yellow Lance PCH125 (Shad SH33 Topcase)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()