Author Topic: Go Pro Camera  (Read 831 times)

ChandlerScoot

• View Profile
Go Pro Camera
« on: January 16, 2012, 02:44:31 AM »
I just received the GoPro HD Hero camera for my birthday. Has anyone mounted one or have one? I am going to use this on my TR6 and on the X500. Looking forward to this new toy!
Simon
2009 Kymco Xciting Ri With no mods.

AVGuy

• View Profile
Re: Go Pro Camera
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 03:30:44 AM »
I've borrowed a friend's a few times. His is the original non-hd version. I got some great shots in & outside of a car, bicycle and on my scoot. The suction cup mount holds very well, but on my windshield there was a lot of vibration. I'd love to have my own.
Grand Vista 250
"Big Scoot"

racewalker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 10:57:50 AM »
I am planning for one in spring for a trip I am taking next summer. Interesting to see how yours works out.
08 People S 125
11 Downtown 300i

MikeSSS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 06:36:58 AM »
I fly a GoPro HD on an RC plane and it produces superb video. 

There is a great scooter home movie of scooting in Saigon, it appears to be made with a GoPro.  I lost the link to this but am looking for it.

Sometimes I plug the Gopros video out (not the HD video out) into a transmitter on the plane and send the tv image down to a receiver on the ground.  Fat Shark goggles are plugged into this receiver and I fly the plane while seeing the image through the GoPro that is mounted on the plane.  The tv out image is not HD but it is very flyable anyway.  The GoPro is recording the HD image during these flights.  This kind of flying is called 'first person video', as if you are in the plane.  For more info look at the FPV forum on RCGroups.com.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()