Author Topic: Hi,new to forum..  (Read 970 times)

bambino

• View Profile
Hi,new to forum..
« on: January 26, 2012, 09:26:37 AM »
hi guys... was browsing the net when i noticed this forum.. pretty excited to find fellow kymco riders :)
i noticed that there is no sub forum for a kymco xciting 300Ri ? mine is a 2009/10 model which i bought new recently...
bike is awesome! love the comfort.. but am thinking of making it better exterior and interior wise..
i noticed a diy thread where this guy added a handlebar riser and seems pretty interesting.. is that a common mod for touring? and is possible to mount back the plastic covers?

Hoolander2

• View Profile
Re: Hi,new to forum..
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 03:18:58 AM »
Welcome!  Don't think we have heard from too many Xciting 300 owners.  I think it depends how high the risers are.  You can't go higher than a about a half inch (12mm) without extending the cables and wiring is what I think.  Otherwise there would be a problem with the plastics pulling on cables and wiring. 

bambino

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 02:44:10 PM »
hi hoolander2, thanks for the welcome :)

ohh i see so 300 is a rare number eh ?  :-\

JustWantToRide

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 06:17:55 PM »
hi guys... was browsing the net when i noticed this forum.. pretty excited to find fellow kymco riders :)
i noticed that there is no sub forum for a kymco xciting 300Ri ? mine is a 2009/10 model which i bought new recently...
bike is awesome! love the comfort.. but am thinking of making it better exterior and interior wise..
i noticed a diy thread where this guy added a handlebar riser and seems pretty interesting.. is that a common mod for touring? and is possible to mount back the plastic covers?

Welcome to the forum.

If you go straight up then you just want to trim the plastic cover a little to give the throttle more room.  If you go up and back then you may also want to trim it for the brake lines too.  Modifying the seat stop so it would go further back helped me a lot.  It's a quick and free update - if you own a dremel. 
2009 Xciting 500Ri
   52mpg so far

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()