Author Topic: Agility 50 2006 help  (Read 4625 times)

gazza1989

• View Profile
Agility 50 2006 help
« on: January 28, 2012, 02:12:33 AM »
I will start off by saying i have NO technical knowlage of the bike so please dont go into lots of detail lol make it simple lol

Right i am riding kymco agility 50 which i believe is a 06 model and i get speeds of around 33Mph and looking to increase this! i have read on this site about cutting CDI box and changing the boss drive which iv googled and have no clue i ask if you know would any of my local repair shops be able to do the type of derestictions? i live in uddingston near glasgow! the reason i ask this is because i dont wanna walk in or phone them to find out they dont do it as illegal or anything! some help n advice would be great thanks and any indication on what you think they may possibly charge!

blue

• View Profile
Re: Agility 50 2006 help
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 02:49:58 AM »
its realy simple to do just follow all info you see on the foum and go slow and take it easy.Go for it you can do it. use the search on the fourm and you can find everything you need. cut the cdi.and put in a bigger jet I beleave its a 82 and change out the boss drive and you are good to go.

gazza1989

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 03:09:03 AM »
No chance im gonna do it lol would much rather pay someone to do it! do u know if a repair garage will do it?

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 04:29:51 AM »
maybe you can find some local scooter buddys or club in your area that knows something about scoots
and they can help after a few years with scoots friends I have learned a lot. I dont know the law wear you are but here in the states we have to do it are selfs most shops wont do it. also maybe a small shop well do it or get to know someone at a shope and have theam do it off the clock and away from the shop. good luck what ever you do make sure its someone that knows what they are doing.it is your scoot and you dont want anything to go wrong. But yet it is a easy job for some and not for all.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 06:51:15 PM »
No chance im gonna do it lol would much rather pay someone to do it! do u know if a repair garage will do it?

How you doing gaz im in Bishopbriggs Glasgow  ;D Any bike/scooter shop will do it for you, most will get you all parts in too. This guy is good, i used him before for things i cant do on scoots (yeah, i dont know everything  ;D ). He is based just behind the Glasgow Royal Hospital http://www.billthebiker.com/

Or call these guys, theyre kymco dealers and defo do a full deresrtict for you with a set price no probs. I go there for my jets and some spares and the guy showed me his official sheet from Kymco for derestricts http://www.ride-on-motorcycles.co.uk/.

You need the drive boss swapped for a smooth one, and the main carb jet swapped to an 82 size, i also did my cdi but guy at ride on said they dont usually do this anymore after they had a problem. They may do it tho if asked for.

If i had more freetime i would tell you to buy the parts and bring it over to mine and i would help you do it but im rushed off my feet right now juggling work, wife, kids, etc while also trying to rebuild a Vespa and a VW Beetle!

Ride on will tell you over the phone how much they charge, bill will do the same im sure tho sometimes he says he will call you back and he forgets so call him back. Billthebiker will be cheaper i think than ride on, they charge a fortune for labour, and bill is a nice guy too.Let us kno how you get on and how much they ask? Cheaper buying tools and doing it yourself but i know it can be daunting at 1st.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 06:56:25 PM »
Oh and no its not illegal to derestrict it. It is illegal to ride it tho without a cbt and L plates or a full bike licence, but hey, who cares  :P I rode mine around Glasgow, to and from work daily and mine is derestricted. Just dont ride like a manic and wear all proper gear and the cops know youre not some chav so tend to leave you alone.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

gazza1989

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 06:09:35 PM »
I actually got my bike from ride on just didnt wanna phone them up! did send an email on saturday but didnt get a reply so i may call them now you said they do it! i have passed my CBT and have L plates so thats not a problem! i didnt think it was illegal as u only need to be 17 to go up to a 125cc bike!

thanks for the advice mate and the links

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 08:11:42 PM »
No probs. It shouldnt cost that much since a boss is about a tenner and a jet is £2-£3, the rest is labour. An hour should do it but they may charge more. Maybe around £60 all in is my guestimate. Let us know how much they ask for when you do it.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

jezyg

• Agility 50 2011 and SEAT Leon FR TSi 211
    • View Profile
    • UK Police Books
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 08:43:49 PM »
On mine the parts came to about £20 inc VAT and fitting was another £30 but got it done for free as part of the deal for buying the bike.
2011 Agility 50
2011 SEAT Leon FR TSi 211
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Policebooks

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 10:45:08 PM »
On mine the parts came to about £20 inc VAT and fitting was another £30 but got it done for free as part of the deal for buying the bike.

mine came with my scoot also but in the state of michigan the dealer can not do it. says the law.
scoots here must stay under 30 to sale.

gazza1989

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 01:23:40 AM »
Oh and no its not illegal to derestrict it. It is illegal to ride it tho without a cbt and L plates or a full bike licence, but hey, who cares  :P I rode mine around Glasgow, to and from work daily and mine is derestricted. Just dont ride like a manic and wear all proper gear and the cops know youre not some chav so tend to leave you alone.

Will de restricting increase my insurance? as i got mine for £160 for the year and paid in full! if so any ideas how much extra it could be? will it be quite small? or huge because i will be going the deathly high speeds of maby 40mph instead of the origonal 30mph lmao

if its gonna be 2 much i probz wont even declare it because if my bike got into an accident even a minor 1 my excess is like £300 n thb i wouldnt even get it repaired on insurance because if i was to sell the bike i probz would only get £300 or £400 anyway so not worth it n id really need to be driving dangerous for the police to go the extent of taking it off me to test it if the ever pulled me over! which in drive it for 18 months police have never looked at me!

that post mainly aimed to streido as he is a local guy n know more about glasgow obv lol

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 03:36:15 AM »
Will de restricting increase my insurance?

What they dont know wont hurt. Thats why I safed my boss and jet So I could put theam back if I had too but I never had to so I was lucky. But they well see the cdi box cut unless you have a extra. just a chance you have to take.     I say go for it.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 04:06:36 AM »
You are such an outlaw Blue! Rock on Wooooooooo!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 08:37:05 AM »
You are such an outlaw Blue! Rock on Wooooooooo!

Lol zombie  ;D

Gazza i have no idea if your insurance will go up but i would guess yes, if you tell them. Personally i did not inform my insurance since its technically illegal for me to ride it since im using it on my car license and dont have my cbt or bike license so cant ride over 31mph legally. I just renewed my insurance 2 wks ago and when they asked "Has the scooter been modified?", i said no, would take too long to try explain all the stuff ive done to it anyway  :D

If you can legally ride an unrestricted scoot on your license then it may be worth asking for a quote on it, just say your thinking of derestricting it? I only pay about £98/yr with BeWiser insurance, maybe im older than you tho so its cheaper for me? I also have a garage where i say its parked overnight and live in a quiet area (Yes there are quiet areas in Glasgow!) so that brings it down too. That £98 covers both nyself and my wife, 3rd party only since the excess on fully comp is almost as high as the price of the scoot.

I got to say, so far, i have never been stopped from any cop in Glasgow. Worst i got was a cop car followed me for half a mile or so after i crawled thro traffic stopped at a set of lights to get to the front. Guess he ran my plate and found i was all legal (or looked legal since he cant tell its derestricted). My neighbour is a cop and biker amd he basically told me unless you razz around like a maniac or do crazy moves etc and ride dangerously then you wont get any hassle. Its mostly young 16yr olds blasting about with no ins or license etc theure looking for. If a cop runs a check and you come back clean and legal and you have on all the correct gear they should leave you alone i think?

If i ever get found out i will plead innocence and say i thought i could ride a 50cc? "Oh, i see officer. Im sorry i didnt know that" while putting on my best puppy dog eyes  lol. :'(

Prob too late this yr but next yr try BeWiser for a quote, better to call cos they reduced mine when i said it was too high.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

gazza1989

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, 04:04:05 PM »
Called ride on and they told me its around £50 plus parts but there parts guy wasnt working so couldnt say how much but he said would think it would be about £60! just gonna call insurance n see what the quote

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()