Author Topic: Bore Kit?  (Read 1777 times)

Ducktart

• View Profile
Bore Kit?
« on: January 31, 2012, 11:26:00 PM »
Hello all,

I'm a bit curious about bore kits for the Agility 50:

How noticeable is the improvement?
Would it void the warranty?
How involved is the installation of it? Could an amateur do it?
Could it damage the bike or cause overheating?
Any other information anyone can offer?

The reason I ask is because I love the Agility 125 but don't want to go through the pricing and difficulty of trading my Agility 50 and buying a 125. But as an amateur, would it be easier to do so than install a bore kit?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 11:27:39 PM by Ducktart »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Bore Kit?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 11:41:42 PM »
A few hi points on these kits. You would want a competant mechanic w/ you during install as there are many casting flaws, and imperfections that should be cleaned up. I mention pistons ALL the time here as I tend to eat them for breakfast. You will recieve a cast Aluminum piston. It WILL be rough cast. Using 120gr paper on a true flat surface will remove all the casting marks (on the dome). Polish it up w/ 600grit. There are two more points on the piston. You need to drill Oil holes in the wrist pin bosses, and chamfer both sides of these holes. Lastly chamfer all the machined edges to get rid of the knife like edge from milling. Same with the cylinder liner. It is SHARP on the machined edges. An hour or so should be used to clean it all up for install. This link gives the rest.  http://ebay.globaldc.com/scooterparts/borekits/100ccGY6/install/bbk.html   I love mine. Much better response. You will need to up jet or buy a bigger carb. Exhaust system is optional. The bbk can be found w/ EVERYTHING you need for under $60.00, and a carb. for under $30.00 Don't run over 1/4-1/3 throttle till the rings seat, and you will be golden. I have about 150 miles on mine, and am just now opening it up.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Ducktart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 12:57:44 AM »
Would the bore kit make it more likely to overheat?

If its safe and stable, I'll call my dealership an see of they'll install it for me.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 01:13:46 AM »
I would stongly dont bother.its not worth it.you can only do so much to theam with out any problems later. I have seen tomany scoots go down hill after its been done.if you want bigger and better go with a 125 scoot.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 01:43:41 AM »
Plug, and play they will not last an hour.TRUE. If you clean them up they are fine. Temp. stays the same. These are not racing set ups just bigger bore. I doubt the dealer would do it for you as there are too many ways for it to go bad, and they have no way to re-coup  your business if you don't like the result. I do this as a hobby. Like model planes or such. So I have the time/tools/experience to do it. If this is your only transport bring it to a GOOD SCOOTER Mech., and ask his/her opinion.I love my BBK but I also don't care if it blows up. Just something to do besides work. Almost forgot to mention... I have been riding a BBK on my zx for almost 4 years now, and I just put in a bigger kit on the same engine. If you are careful when putting it together it will last as long as OEM. Parts are parts. No doubting what Blue says but if the label says "DO NOT TAMPER"  I HAVE to mess w/it.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 01:59:41 AM »
"DO NOT TAMPER"  I HAVE to mess w/it.

Lol we all have that kid in us that says lets tear it apart and see how it works.
[/quote]

Ducktart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 03:26:58 AM »
You guys have been super helpful. Thank you so much for your input. Looks like I'll start looking for a way to get an Agility 125.

juice

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 04:18:40 AM »
Good choice !

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 01:50:08 PM »
x2                     Did you cut your cdi box and go with a bigger jet and change out the drive boss.that well bring you up to 40 to 45 mh.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()