Author Topic: New Topics (for me anyway): Spark Plugs and Gas  (Read 5516 times)

juice

• View Profile
Re: New Topics (for me anyway): Spark Plugs and Gas
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 04:04:35 PM »
I contacted a NGK technical representaive before I installed the iridium plug in my stock people 50 2t to see if would be ok . I was told that the iridium plug was originally developed for 2t racing applications and that they would provide superior performance and resist fouling in 2t engines . I have over 13,000 km on my NGK iridium plug currently , it is still burying the speedo at 80+kph and if it ever wears out I will replace it with another one . IDK about modified engine applications . Good luck .

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2012, 11:18:18 PM »
I used one for awhile, but piston pieces but an end to expensive spark plugs for me. All new 2t outboard engines use them. They help meet emission laws for the U.S. market. And who can afford marine mechanics to change fouled plugs? I am a marine mechanic by day so I do KNOW they work. They outlast standard plugs almost 3:1. Same with all else I post. There are lots of cheap ass products that do little or nothing, and they distract from the few good products that do perform. Mass Iridium to all!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2012, 04:53:07 PM »

Lube everything with grease and WD40 every two months, change air filter every 10.000 kms, check tires every month and you will be good to go for thousands of kilometers.

Where so you put grease & WD40?  I'd do it if I knew where to put the grease.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2012, 08:41:47 PM »
Lube everything with grease and WD40 every two months, change air filter every 10.000 kms, check tires every month and you will be good to go for thousands of kilometers.

Where so you put grease & WD40?  I'd do it if I knew where to put the grease.

Grease: Read the manual, there are several pivot points to be greased on every scooter, including rear swing arm and steering column. I also used it to lube kick start lever on A125, side and center stand, locking mechanism of the seat and a bit in all locks. Also, battery contacts should be greased.

WD40: I use it on all electrical switches because my scoots are in open/rain 365/24. Starting switch, lights etc. I also use it inside line tubes (for example, for A125's rear drum brake) and to lube gas throttle that tends to freeze when it is moist and below -3 - 4 C, especially on Agility. Also on all electrical contacts and spark plug cap.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 09:14:23 PM »
AXY, tnx this will keep me busy one spring day.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2012, 09:26:36 PM »
AXY, tnx this will keep me busy one spring day.

Don't forget that WD40 is great grease solvent.
So, if you overdo something with grease, you can spray some on rag, put that moist part of the rag on your finger and wipe the excess off.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

Dale4

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2012, 04:59:57 PM »
My Agility came with a champion plug and I replaced it with an NGK expecting better performance but got none. As far as it being better or lasting longer I don't know but I will continue to use them because it's only a few dollars more every few years and there may be benefits I have'nt realized yet.I really don't think the oil you use matters as long as you change it every 1500-2000 kilometers.I haven't had any oil or plug related issues but if I do you guys will be the first to know.I get a lot of helpful info from you guys and respect ALL of your opinions.  Thank you all and I will continue to look at you guys for info and inspiration...Dale

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2012, 05:18:56 PM »
As long as (2) plugs are in the same heat range, and gapped the same there will be very little if any difference in performance. The benefit is in the long term or working life time of the plug. Be MOST careful of BOOTLEG or COPY plugs. If you are buying on Ebay or overseas bootleg plugs are quite often sold. Champion is the MOST copied plug. Just keep your dealings w/ sources you can trust.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()