Author Topic: Is it illegal to go over 30 mph downhill?  (Read 3961 times)

ts1

• View Profile
Re: Is it illegal to go over 30 mph downhill?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 04:22:11 PM »
You asked a question which makes little sense as all restricted scoots i know of will go slightly faster than the restriction downhill
The question makes sense to me, as I know scoots going considerably faster downhill.
- A restriction with limited stroke of the throttle cable (or engine power in general) is nearly ineffective downhill.
- Stop on the top (clutch opens) and roll down without throttle.
But I don't know his local law. In Germany the governmental restricted speed is measured in flat terrain and thus not applicable while riding downhill.

roboscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2012, 05:37:11 PM »
imho.....the overwhelming majority of cops wouldn't waste their time to stop and card a scooter.....parking ticket maybe yea.......of course states differ re rules.....riding safe entails following local traffic regulations.......regardless of how big or small your engine is.......

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 06:36:00 PM »
From the title of the thread and the question posed at the beginning i took it that he was worried he may get fined for riding over the prescribed speed allowed for a restricted 50cc moped, hence my 1st answer not to worry. Like Blue i was making light of it but JCuc didnt seem to approve and made a smart comment re intelligence or lack of which was uncalled for.IMO.

Since JCuc has an A50 i assume he is asking his question with regard to that scoot which i also have and it only goes a couple of mph over the restricted speed downhill, since its restricted on the variator, so makes very little difference to the top speed or any laws. Most laws are based on bhp but if its based on speed i would guess they took any short downhill gain over 30mph into account when they set the laws or they simply dont see it as an issue. I expect if groups of 50cc bikers began hanging around steep hills then the authorities would do something about it.

In any case there was no need to put anyone down or be a dick about it which is how i read his replies to comments made,Manners cost nothing. All that was required was for him to better explain what exactly he wanted to know if the answers given were wrong.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 06:58:28 PM by streido »
Chaos is my co-pilot.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2012, 08:47:38 PM »
Ok I Sorry for the hard time.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2012, 09:27:30 PM »
I dont think we were in the wrong Blue but for harmony and peace i apologise if my comment was taken wrongly.
Awwwww, see, isnt it better when we all just get along. Group hug?   ;D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2012, 11:03:54 PM »
What? You woosies... I say Hang the fella! Hoo's wid meeee.   
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2012, 11:14:09 PM »

Hay strido we better get on are scoots and get the hell out of town there out to hang us.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2012, 11:24:39 PM »
That would be one hell of a get away. WWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2012, 11:28:42 PM »

He already hung himself earlier Zombie, lifes too short. F*ck it.

And he told you already, if you dont have anything intelligent to say dont say anything at all. You're just being silly now ;D I want to be in captain sensibles scooter club and get all serious and pedantic. (Wow big word there,  what does that mean? ;D )

Blue i got your back buddy, me & you, just like butch and sundance  :D
..........wait a minute, they got shot to pieces at the end by the Bolivian Army  :'(

and that bike in the vid  is prolly faster than a stock A50 anyway zombie.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2012, 11:49:20 PM »
pedantic:   To ped an tic oneself. See AXY...         Kinda like "Calothrix" Thought that was a Catholic school girl... Oh well!

JCuc

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2012, 12:11:39 AM »
He already hung himself earlier Zombie, lifes too short. F*ck it.

And he told you already, if you dont have anything intelligent to say dont say anything at all. You're just being silly now ;D I want to be in captain sensibles scooter club and get all serious and pedantic. (Wow big word there,  what does that mean? ;D )

Blue i got your back buddy, me & you, just like butch and sundance  :D
..........wait a minute, they got shot to pieces at the end by the Bolivian Army  :'(

and that bike in the vid  is prolly faster than a stock A50 anyway zombie.

Hung myself? Nah, I have more important things to do other than arguing with two uneducated fools who can't understand a one part poised question or provide an answer that is even related to the topic at hand.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2012, 02:28:49 AM »

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2012, 03:33:42 AM »
That would be one hell of a get away. WWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Maybe the getaway well be faster going down hill.........................................omg did I say that.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2012, 08:28:51 AM »
Hung myself? Nah, I have more important things to do other than arguing with two uneducated fools who can't understand a one part poised question or provide an answer that is even related to the topic at hand.

LMAO  ;D Hilarious.

Im off to the hills for a ride, im going to go way over 30mph down hills because the lawbooks i read said i was only restricted to 30mph on :level ground so i can go 120mph downhill and the cops cant touch me  8) . After lunch i plan on removing all speed regulators but detuning so i am derestricted but my scoot still cant go over 30mph (apart from up or downhill), thats the way to go, i'll show them for laughing at me.   >:(
Chaos is my co-pilot.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2012, 12:58:30 PM »
LMAO  ;D Hilarious.

Im off to the hills for a ride, im going to go way over 30mph down hills because the lawbooks i read said i was only restricted to 30mph on :level ground so i can go 120mph downhill and the cops cant touch me  8) . After lunch i plan on removing all speed regulators but detuning so i am derestricted but my scoot still cant go over 30mph (apart from up or downhill), thats the way to go, i'll show them for laughing at me.   >:(

Becarefull the cops might be watching out for scoots that ride hills. they have nothing better to do but sit at the bottom and eat doughnuts .

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()