Author Topic: Magic Blinkers installed on rear  (Read 3500 times)

Hoolander2

• View Profile
Re: Magic Blinkers installed on rear
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 04:56:18 AM »
Hey, Superseagulls, by the way.  The oem blinker lamps are white and they are covered by an amber globe which comes off.  Keep that in mind when selecting a color.  I left the globes off and got red leds.  That's for the rear, I think the fronts are actually amber colored bulbs.

JustWantToRide

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2012, 04:26:06 PM »
The actual bulbs and sockets are different too.  I didn't realize it when I ordered my LED's and ordered 4 of the front style.  The difference is in the alignment pins, one has them at 12 and 6 oclock (directly opposed) and the other has them at something like 12 and 4 oclock.  For the rear I used a dremel and removed one of the pins - and they work fine - but try to order the right ones...

I have amber in all 4.

The difference in the alignment pins is usually a difference of Euro or US designs, so it seems really odd to see the two types together on one bike.
2009 Xciting 500Ri
   52mpg so far

CommuterScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012, 08:38:50 PM »
I've added Magic Blinkers on both the front and back.  Amber up front and Red in the rear.  Like JWTR I ordered the wrong rear bulbs also, but just ground down one of the pins and it works just fine.

To correct the blink rate the easiest is to just replace the relay.  On the X250 (I'm assuming similar to X500), I removed the front cover and it can be found on the right side kind of behind the horn level.  The easiest thing to make sure it is the right one is to unplug it while your blinker is on  and see if it stops.  It was probably the easiest mod I've done yet (just took me a bit to find it) kind of had a "doh!" moment.
09 Xciting 250

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()