Author Topic: Puig Windscreen Installed  (Read 4902 times)

Wanderer

• View Profile
Puig Windscreen Installed
« on: February 07, 2012, 11:45:22 PM »
I ordered the Puig windscreen from Motoaccess in Spain and it arrived in two and a half weeks.  It's not big as the ERMAX windscreen, but it goes on easier without having to mess with the front turn signals.   Easy to put on and take off.  Having a windscreen makes a big difference.  I'll try to send a photo of the windscreen installed.

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
Re: Puig Windscreen Installed
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 02:31:19 PM »
Looks good.
My choice in scoot color would be black too.
Would like to see a large side shot of your scoot.
How are you liking the GT ?.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 02:33:46 PM by boo »
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

Wanderer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 10:32:29 PM »
Will attach a "side" view of the scooter to show the Puig Windscreen.  As I said before, it sure makes it more comfortable riding.  Overall, I'm enjoying the People GT 300i as much as my Suzuki Burgman 650.   I like the lighter weight of the 300i and it handles easier.  I rode today at 60 mph and the windscreen was steady.  I would even take a multiple day trip with this scoot !

ScootrGrl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 03:50:48 AM »
What was the model number of the Puig windshield you purchased?

Thanks,
Tracy

Wanderer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 10:31:22 PM »
The Puig Windscreen model is: T.G.  (Ref: T.G. 5593W Clear) You can get a good look at it on the Puig USA web site:  www.puigusa.com.  This windscreen is shown as being made for the Kymco People GTi 125.  Since the GTi125 and GTi300 are the same physical dimensions, it fits the GTi300.  I ordered it from Motoacces which handles internet sales to the USA.  It you need further info you can email josep@motoaccess.com.  Good luck.  BTW...this windscreen is taller than I expected.  I'm 5'7" and I see through the windscreen, which is fine for me.  Some folks like to see over the screen.  Puig might have a smaller screen, but you'd have to ask "Josep" at Motoacces.  I still like mine.  Sure keeps the wind off.  Hope that helps.

ScootrGrl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 04:18:11 AM »
Thanks so much for the information!

Tracy

Dibber

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 01:52:06 AM »
Is it alright to ask how much you paid for the windshield?  Was shipping very expensive?  I haven't purchased this scooter yet, but hope to by end of the month.  Windshield is a must for me.
Thanks.

JustWantToRide

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 02:20:41 PM »
Will attach a "side" view of the scooter to show the Puig Windscreen.  As I said before, it sure makes it more comfortable riding.  Overall, I'm enjoying the People GT 300i as much as my Suzuki Burgman 650.   I like the lighter weight of the 300i and it handles easier.  I rode today at 60 mph and the windscreen was steady.  I would even take a multiple day trip with this scoot !

Nice bike.  I was originally going to get a People to replace my Zuma 125 because I like the 16 inch wheels, but got the Xciting 500 to make it do double duty (I had a Vstrom 1000 and a Zuma 125).  I had a Burgman 650 before the Vstrom and loved it - but like the VStrom at really slow speeds the Burgman was a bit cumbersome and abrupt for taking my 4 year old through the neighborhood to school (and the 125 was too small to take her very far).  I do miss the underseat storage of the Burgman and it handled tons better than the Xciting.  Oh well - it seems no bike does everything perfectly...
2009 Xciting 500Ri
   52mpg so far

Wanderer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 05:29:11 PM »
Is it alright to ask how much you paid for the windshield?  Was shipping very expensive?  I haven't purchased this scooter yet, but hope to by end of the month.  Windshield is a must for me.
Thanks.

I paid 137.00 euro...or $180.35 in US dollars, which included shipping.  The windscreen was 78,53 euro and the shipping was 59, euro.  I paid by PayPal and that made it easy.l   See my note above regarding additional info from josep@motoaccess.com

rgcolter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 12:14:04 AM »
Wanderer,

I sent an email to josep@motoaccess.com and joseph@motoaccess.com, and both emails bounced back.  I'd like to get this windshield, and have made several calls to wholesalers and retailers, and nobody can get it here in usa.  Any advice???

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()