Author Topic: belt or clutch spring.  (Read 10222 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: belt or clutch spring.
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2012, 11:35:12 PM »
Perhaps he is referring to the torque drive. We all seem to have different names/slang for the parts. I attribute that to the literal translations from Tai/Chineese/Jap to English.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2012, 11:47:51 PM »
I dont know what to think the clutch is only like 2 years old if not less. Im geting frustrated over it all
maybe I need a day off of no scoot. I took sandpapper to the pads and cleaned up the bell maybe Ill just put back together and see what it does.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2012, 03:18:00 AM »
anyone know the compression on the agilty if I do a compresion test.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2012, 03:24:32 AM »
Don't know the spec, but over 120 psi will run. Below most likely not. Most stock scoots hit about 140-160
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2012, 03:37:20 AM »
thank you very much sir.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2012, 05:42:50 AM »
My pleasure to help you sir. 40 bucks please...

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2012, 06:50:06 AM »
check or money order.

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2012, 06:58:00 AM »
Cash rules everything around me CREAM get the money!
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2012, 11:34:12 PM »
Pay Pal is fine... Luv Ya!

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2012, 12:03:40 AM »
Pay Pal is fine... Luv Ya!

luv ya .............your not geting fresh with me now are ya.lol....I might have to charge you 40 for that.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2012, 03:41:46 AM »
Were even in that case...

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2012, 09:55:57 PM »
ok took the scoot to work today its only like 2 miles down the rd. I noticed the rps are high but the scoot not moveing like it should with motor running so heigh maybe hefy weights might help I have 6gram now maybe 7 I ounce had 5.5 that worked ok but im thinking the vareator must be worn down some so with 7 's that might bring it back wear it should be.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2012, 02:28:42 AM »
The new belt will restore your "gears". You should do better with the revs where you are used to them. Is your top speed the SAME?

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2012, 07:24:57 PM »
I did about 19,000 km on mine Blue and think youre about on the same km? If you are you may need to replace the rear pulley assembly?  On mine the disc that moves in and out had come loose last year and once i took of my belt i could move the whole disc without the torque drive bit moving, it had come right off the torque drive. Maybe check that on yours? Mine still ran but when i pulled away it would stick in high gear for a few hundred yards then be ok but my speed was way down, i couldnt get over 30mph. Once i stripped it i saw it but it looked ok when it was still in cos the belt kept it in place.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2012, 11:17:43 PM »
I did about 19,000 km on mine Blue and think youre about on the same km? If you are you may need to replace the rear pulley assembly?  On mine the disc that moves in and out had come loose last year and once i took of my belt i could move the whole disc without the torque drive bit moving, it had come right off the torque drive. Maybe check that on yours? Mine still ran but when i pulled away it would stick in high gear for a few hundred yards then be ok but my speed was way down, i couldnt get over 30mph. Once i stripped it i saw it but it looked ok when it was still in cos the belt kept it in place.

Begining to think you are right But 2 years ago the back clutch was new thats why I dont under stand it.It should last longer then that. not unless they screwed me over and said they replaced it.plyed around with it today tryed a few dif rollers and its stell doing the same thing gets the rpms up there but the scoot wont move past 30 at times it well get up there but most the time it wont.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()