Author Topic: 2008 for my son.  (Read 7893 times)

blue

• View Profile
Re: 2008 for my son.
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012, 01:37:16 PM »
.  Is there a video that shows how to get at the spark plug?

the get to the plug you have to take the seat off 4 bolts and the pull but becarefull the plastic
can be a pain.

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2012, 02:10:16 PM »
I just use a lot of "elbow grease" and some good soap to wash my scooters. I do also use "purple power" on harder dirt but am quick to rinse it off.(it CAN "chalk" some items but no where near the "chalking" you get from "mean green". Works good...
With the metal parts, you can use a scotch brite pad or a "s.o.s." pad. Carb cleaner and s.o.s pad is GREAT for cleaning my pipe to shine again..
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2012, 05:49:55 PM »
Going for that brushed aluminum look Bats? The 3m restorer wax I mentioned does a good job on metal bits as well. Gets off road grime/grease/minor rust. Just need to add the elbow grease Bats recommends.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

OregonDad

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 12:11:32 AM »
I found the Kymco boss in a plastic bag under the seat.

Signed my son up for a Basic Rider Training course, but it does not start for six weeks.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2012, 01:00:48 AM »
Good for you both O'dad! The more "schooling" one gets the more pride they carry with them. KUDOS!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2012, 01:47:50 AM »
good to here .let him drive in the neighbor hood close to home .Let him get use to turning and stoping and to get to know the scoot a little. good luck to both you. Get your self a scoot dad and ride along.

Encya

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2012, 06:13:44 PM »
I gotdecent quaity mirrorsfromebay which are much better than the smalstock ones,sure it was an 8mm thread,most are a standard size and wijust screw in.

The cdi cut will only give 1-3mph increase, the boss around another 9-12mph,taking it to around 42-43mph if algoes well.The jet change wont give you any more speed but will stop you running lean and possiblly damaging the engine after you do the smooth boss and get upto riding at WOT (42mph). Some are fine on the 80 jet but most usually go up to 82,i did anyway.

Good idea to keep it restricted till he gets used to it. I kept mine like that at 1st but i ony lasted maybe 3-4 wks before i felt it was too slow. Once hes experienced enough he prob wil want the litte bit extra top speed.

You can get visors on ebay too that fit,both tall and shorter length ones,or bike and scooter shops or onine scoot shops wil do them.
Heres my ebay mirrors,cost me about £9.50 delivered to the UK,i think. My home made visor is in the pics too  http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=5166.0

Steido, tell me more about that visor.  Where does it deflect the wind to?  Without a visor the wind is directed right under my helmet.  Also does anyone know where I can get a visor particularly for the AG 50?  It looks like the AG 50 City sold outside of the USA has a visor, but I know way of purchasing one here in the U.S.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2012, 07:08:09 PM »
Encya its off a peugeot originally i think, it was going cheap so i put a bid in and won it hoping i could adapt it to fit. When it came it seemed almost perfect in size but i had to cut and file the bottom edges to suit the shape of my agility headset top better and get it to sit the way i wanted. It is set at a little steeper angle than my agility headset top was so it deflects the wind up more away from my neck. To be honest i put it on just for the look but it does seem to work a little and it also keeps the rain off the gauges et. a bit when riding. I just used spacers i made up to set it and bolted thro with  long nuts and bolts to secure it. Had to drill 4 small holez in my agility panel to fit it.

There are generic visors that fit but the ones i saw were between £40-£90 so i just made my own. Didnt want a large visor anyway.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

OregonDad

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2012, 07:26:00 PM »
A spot opened up for Rider Training this weekend so I signed him up.  They are going to let him use his own scooter so we had better clean it up.  The left front blinker went out so I need to see if it is just the bulb or a fuse.  Our new "City" style mirrors arrived from China, thanks streido, so we will put those on after school today also.

I am still debating which windscreen to get.  Puig 991 Sport or 992 Touring.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2012, 07:29:17 PM »
If just one blinker is out it will be the bulb.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2012, 10:17:13 PM »
Personally i dont like the larger full size screens, they just shout grampa to me, but i can see their practicality if you live in a wet or cold climate. If you do go larger i would get one that keeps the wind off your hands as you ride too, my biggeat issue in winter is cold fingers rather than rain, even with gloves and liners my finger tips get cold at times.

Why not wait till hes up and riding then see what he thinks?
Chaos is my co-pilot.

OregonDad

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2012, 04:03:53 AM »
I was thinking the the touring was a good compromise between full size and sport screens.  Still have not ordered one yet.  Installed the new mirrors and they make a huge difference.  Got a new blinker bulb at the auto parts store and asked for 15W40, but they only carry that weight in gallon jugs.  I was also going to get some gear oil, but I don't know which type/weight to buy.  Got home and replaced the blinker bulb then noticed that the headlight only works on high beam.  Back to the auto parts store again tomorrow.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2012, 04:14:56 AM »
I use NAPA Synthetic 70w90 gear oil. I believe the 4t's use standard motor oil for the trans. Look next to the fill hole to see if it states "Motor oil". If not the 70w90 is good.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()