Author Topic: This is what Ethanol does to rubber...  (Read 24003 times)

axy

• View Profile
Re: This is what Ethanol does to rubber...
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2012, 10:16:32 AM »
I would not, btw., endorse growing food for fuel either as it causes famine in the long run.

Now THAT was a dam good statement!!!
I give you that one Axy...
You are right but of course if OUR gov wasnt so dam retarted, greedy, politically correct then we could have ALL THE OIL,ETC. WE WANTED in as little as 90 days W/O all the "red tape" that goes along with it. You guys "across the pond" just have never experianced our kind of life. Your gov is probably watching you type your post.. :D (of course OUR gov isn't far behind anymore which is VERY UNFORTUNATE for us)

I am so sorry that you are ignorant so do not understand that, unfortunately, my country is in the same bandwagon with USA and NATO. If you had any information about your surroundings outside of your home town, you might find out that US Army and NATO are using certain rural areas of my country for military exercises. Officers and soldiers from our army are unfortunately in Afghanistan too, fighting other peoples' wars.

Empires based around plundering and wars are destined to fail. It was so throughout the human history. I will state just the example of Roman empire.

I am afraid, you will have to step out of your trailer home ;D and understand that bi-polar world does not exist anymore. That's why enemies have to be invented. BRIC countries and China are coming along fast, and when they achieve sufficient economic strength, they will want their piece of political strength too. USA is not any more leading power in the world. If you need a proof for that, ask the generation of your parents how they lived and compare that with how you live. Purchasing power of grown ups in USA today is half what it used to be in 70s.

As for Internet traffic, it is and was analyzed and tapped into since its beginnings. I hope you have enough capacity to understand what Echelon is. Actually, USA has been analyzing all traffic before any other country in the world. Here, "across the pond", you still cannot be detained indefinitely without trial. We still do not have FEMA camps here.

Your comment about "guys across the pond" just shows what the true level of your ignorance is. Unfortunately, USA is actually, "across the pond", not Europe. For me this is sad, because throughout my childhood, USA was sort of an idol to look up to, and in the last ten years it became the last country in the world, except war zones, where I would want to live. A lot of great people, without a doubt, but with completely corrupt system. USA was the country of the free, where everything is possible and everybody can live "an American dream". It makes me sad to see what it has become in the past decade.

Anyway, back to ethanol, something constructive to add from your side, or just right wing -hurr durr - Confederate - "I need to know just three letters, and they are U, S and A" propaganda, as usually? :)
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2012, 10:23:46 AM »
I think everybody agrees; Dependence on just one fuel supply is asking for trouble.

You know, I think a lot of people outside of the US have a prejudice against Americans.

I don't think so. I work in a company where 110+ different nationalities work.
Smart person will never claim general stereotypes against a group of people. That cannot be a smart person.

Many Americans are simply victims of its government, just as people in my country are victims of our ruling elite.
I have many times complained here about our taxes. We have 40 % income tax, 20 % pension contribution and 15 % health contribution from the gross salary.
On top of that we have had 23 % VAT (sales tax) and they have decided to raise it to 25 % from March because they have completely emptied the state budget.
These are idiots that are ruling our lives and the best thing is that they are "democratically" elected. :)

People as a species are generally prejudiced against anything that is different. This is a hypothesis that does not require proof, it is more like an axiom.

We've had a war here 20 years ago between two groups you cannot tell apart if you look at them. We even speak almost the same language, the religion is the same, just different orientation (orthodox vs. catholic). Yet, it was enough for heads to be chopped off.

It is a part of human nature to form different "packs". Dogs or primates are not different either.
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2012, 11:22:33 AM »
Now that temperatures rise above freezing point and fuel prices rised significantly (E0 Super 1.679€/litre, E10 Super 1.599, E85 Super 1.059), I will top the usual E10 with E85 again - like i did several times before - mixture according to the temperatures 3:1 or 2:1.
My commute is on a 10 year old Motobecane scooter with Morini engine. The car and the Kymco scooter is newer and their E10 compatibility self-evident (and they get their E85 kickshaw too!).

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2012, 08:09:42 PM »
I don't think so. I work in a company where 110+ different nationalities work.
Smart person will never claim general stereotypes against a group of people. That cannot be a smart person.

Many Americans are simply victims of its government, just as people in my country are victims of our ruling elite.
I have many times complained here about our taxes. We have 40 % income tax, 20 % pension contribution and 15 % health contribution from the gross salary.
On top of that we have had 23 % VAT (sales tax) and they have decided to raise it to 25 % from March because they have completely emptied the state budget.
These are idiots that are ruling our lives and the best thing is that they are "democratically" elected. :)

It is a part of human nature to form different "packs". Dogs or primates are not different either.

Agreed axy. I don't know what's going on in your country. Ignorance is easy in the US. I find what you wrote to be very interesting. My statement was "a lot of people have prejudice". I wasn't directing it toward you and you're right intelligent people don't judge a group of people or country they know little to nothing about.

I am afraid, you will have to step out of your trailer home ;D

That's unnecessary and offensive. And the truth is most of the world population would give almost anything to own a mobile home in the US.

PS. Thats perspective
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 08:13:48 PM by Peters »
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2012, 08:31:31 PM »
Hey Peters don't sweat it bro. People i Crow ate ya still live in caves, and trees, and stuff like that. I've gotten many great recipes for monkey, and grubs from Axy's mom.
Ts1... Your mom left her beeper on my night stand. Will you please tell her I will mail it to her.

PLEASE don't cry boys~

For real now guys. MOST of the vehicles on the road or otherwise seem to tolerate E. fuels. This whole thread brings many facts to the table regarding same. The underlying issue remains. SCIENCE/STUDIES People smarter than some of you have proven/published the foundation of my statement.

I have agreed with MANY of your statements as they are based on REAL LIFE experience, and I have had mostly the same experiences regarding this subject. Still the fact remains E. is a KNOWN corrosive agent, and is shipped/stored/handled as such. That's all I have been pointing out here for several years. It is easier to fix a problem if you know the cause. It is also better to avoid a problem if you know how to prevent it. Now watch this...SEAFOAM~SEAFOAM~SEAFOAM~SEAFOAM~SEAFOAM~SEAFOAM~SEAFOAM~AXY'S MOM~SEAFOAM~SEAFOAM~SEAFOAM~SEAFOAM!

Just admit the thread is correct in basis...C'mon guys... It won't hurt, and I won't tell
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2012, 08:55:05 PM »
How bout we go to the root of the problem: Cheap parts. I wouldn't doubt Kymco imports things like fuel lines and other rubbers from China(hahha, Chinese rubbers, sorry). Why wouldn't they, we do.

Lets be honest, Kwang Yang doesn't give a damn if rubber rots after the 2 year warranty. I have loads of experience with sub par Chinese automotive equipment. I install the sh** brand new and I'm always modifying, hammering, or drilling something. They never hear about it and if we tried to tell them, they would just act like they don't know what we're talking about.

I thought I saw an American scooter manufacturers website at some point. Maybe they're Chinese and/or Taiwanese parts though. Or I could be crazy
*2001 ZX-50 beater

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2012, 09:05:07 PM »
I think it was Fly scooters. I was right they are/were assembled in China and Taiwan. I found their facebook page and wiki but they must not have done well their website is shut down.
*2001 ZX-50 beater

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2012, 09:17:59 PM »
TGB or TBG or something like that "promotes" them selves as an American scoot. They are fairly good scoots = to Kymco more or less. BUT they are Asian parts assembled in the U.S. to avoid the motor vehicle import tariffs.
You are also right on the China quality issue. The scoot the coupler came off of is a China copy of a Vespa. (using a QMB TYPE eng.) Better bikes use better components, and are LESS prone to the effects. Again BUTTTTTT the effects are still present.
Except for the "flatlanders", and their mumbo jumbo voodoo sh*t who are (as proven by third world science to be) immune.
 I just can't do this any more... Too f'n easy to beat up old ladies!          NEXT
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2012, 09:31:54 PM »
I just can't do this any more... Too f'n easy to beat up old ladies!          NEXT

..how's that chore-boy feeln about now??...

..better yet, how's it smell?

:o
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 09:37:57 PM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2012, 09:34:43 PM »
Still the fact remains E. is a KNOWN corrosive agent, and is shipped/stored/handled as such.

Gasoline is a known corrosive agent and shipped/stored/handled as such too.

That's all I have been pointing out here for several years. It is easier to fix a problem if you know the cause. It is also better to avoid a problem if you know how to prevent it. Now watch this...SEAFOAM~SEAFOAM~SEAFOAM~SEAFOAM~SEAFOAM~SEAFOAM~SEAFOAM~AXY'S MOM~SEAFOAM~SEAFOAM~SEAFOAM~SEAFOAM!

Tourette's syndrome seems to be one of side-effects of inhaling fumes during meth cooking.  ;D ;)
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2012, 09:57:47 PM »
when they achieve sufficient economic strength, they will want their piece of political strength too. USA is not any more leading power in the world. If you need a proof for that, ask the generation of your parents how they lived and compare that with how you live. Purchasing power of grown ups in USA today is half what it used to be in 70s.
[/quote]This is a conversation that I really don't like to enter.  But when something is said about my country that is so far off base, I must.   You said something about us not living as well as our parents.  Sorry Axy, but you don't know what you are talking about.  As a 73 year old man, I have lived during the time most of the parents you're talking about lived in.  My parents worked and lived in the early 1900's and lived well for the time.  Dad had a car, a TV when they came out, etc, etc.  My family was certainly not rich but they/we were comfortable.  Today there is much more available, just about everyone can get whatever they want.  Most homes have multiple TV’s and car for every driver.  My kids, all four of them have more than I had, the oldest of my grandchildren are also doing very well with more available then I had available and the ability to get it.  I’m sorry Axy, I don’t know what you are reading or hearing, but it is all wrong.  Everything here is better today.  Come on over and check us out.  I’ve been to some of the Western European countries, they don’t compare to what we have and I understand that Eastern Europe has less than the west where I have been.  If you don’t know it, don’t teach it.  Now I am already sorry I got into this conversation.  But you have my first hand opinion.  Stay with scoots, Sea Foam, and gasoline you seem to be well informed in that area.

Richard L.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2012, 09:59:50 PM »
Still the fact remains E. is a KNOWN corrosive agent
Yepp - and water too.

You know that we (Germans) can easily have 10 years / 80000km warranty even for a 50cc scoot? (And 10 years / 200000km for a car etc.) In addition those manufacturers claim, that their vehicles are E10 compatible. ::)

But you told us about your awards and racing titles ...
What is your real profession - for example concerning BMW motorcycles - mechanic journeyman or chief Dr. engineer in the BMW motorcycle desgin office?
What are your racing records - for example in Formula1?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 10:01:31 PM by ts1 »

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2012, 10:04:29 PM »
Yepp - and water too.

You know that we (Germans) can easily have 10 years / 80000km warranty even for a 50cc scoot? (And 10 years / 200000km for a car etc.) In addition those manufacturers claim, that their vehicles are E10 compatible. ::)

I didn't know about 10yrs/80K kms for scoots.
I know that Fiat 500 was the first car to offer 10yr warranty.
My car has 7 yr full warranty. (bought in late 2009)
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2012, 10:05:19 PM »
That happens first (tourretts). I'm WELL past that now!

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2012, 10:14:23 PM »
I didn't know about 10yrs/80K kms for scoots.
Peugeot is imho the first with 10 years even for scooters. Initiative just started, perhaps only in Germany: http://www.kfz-betrieb.vogel.de/motorradmarkt/articles/352200/
Of course every extended warranty is a customer tie (maintenance at the authorized shop) and more expensive than just the minimum legal warranty.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()