Author Topic: Agility horrible up hills after derestriction  (Read 11764 times)

Exe

• View Profile
Re: Agility horrible up hills after derestriction
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2012, 09:58:00 PM »
Ok, but what size rollers?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2012, 10:05:59 PM »
 "rollers too...4.7-5.5grams "     16x13mm    With a stiffer spring maybe 5.5gr Maybe...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Exe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2012, 10:31:23 PM »
Looking at the procedure of removing and disassembling the clutch, I think I'm just going to put in the 82 jet and deal with the hill problem.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2012, 10:42:29 PM »
The jet will only give a SLIGHT increase in power. You may not even notice it. A scoot shop can install the spring for about $60.00 US. That is the only thing that will cure you troubles. (scoot wise anyway). Check out the Utube vids on spring changes... It's not so bad. 15 year olds can do it.

This is just one way.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Exe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2012, 10:51:48 PM »
Well, looking at past topics on the clutch spring, some people get a drastic reduction of top speed after installing the clutch spring.  At this moment, my scooter will do max 40 mph, regardless of how steep the hill is, so I'm worried I will loose quite a bit in speed.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2012, 11:01:08 PM »
Understood. That is why the rollers need to be swapped too. It is mostly trial and error but your heavier OEM rollers will prevent any loss in top end. Lighter rollers will give more rpm that can translate to more hp. Rollers weights are the last thing to change after the clutch is dialed in.
New rollers/variator can be installed first to give a better all around feel/smoothness, and some top end increase but the slowing down under load is caused in the rear pulley set. It is much safer to tune the cvt than the engine as well. Wrong rollers you will know... wrong jet, and you may lose a piston/cylinder.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2012, 11:33:27 PM »
Well, looking at past topics on the clutch spring, some people get a drastic reduction of top speed after installing the clutch spring.  At this moment, my scooter will do max 40 mph, regardless of how steep the hill is, so I'm worried I will loose quite a bit in speed.

I use 5.5g rollers and a 1500rpm torque spring in the clutch and didnt lose any too end on my 2008 a50. Used a 1000rpm spring at 1st but o now run a longer belt and the 1500 works well for me, 30-40mph up normal hills, 20-28mph up steep hills, still gets 42-46 on the flats and goes past 50mph on the gauge downhill.

5.5g rollers, race variator, smooth boss, 1500rpm torque spring, 1500rpm clutch fly springs,  82 main jet, cut cdi, 736 x 17 x 30 Malossi kevlar belt, stock air box, stock exhaust.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

OregonDad

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2012, 11:42:26 PM »
Would the belt material (standard, Kevlar, other) make a difference?  What belt do you recommend for a derestricted Agility 50? 

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2012, 11:52:59 PM »
Would the belt material (standard, Kevlar, other) make a difference?  What belt do you recommend for a derestricted Agility 50? 

Stock original belt will be fine if its not worn or cracked. Ive been messing about with other bits and pieces, trial and error really, to get mine set up the way that best suits my needs. This is the 1st kevlar belt ive tried, i read horror stories of them suddenly disintigrating to dust and some seem to hate them, im pleased with mine so far.  Thevstandard stock belt will be fine tho for  a normal derestrict.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Exe

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2012, 12:04:34 AM »
I use 5.5g rollers and a 1500rpm torque spring in the clutch and didnt lose any too end on my 2008 a50. Used a 1000rpm spring at 1st but o now run a longer belt and the 1500 works well for me, 30-40mph up normal hills, 20-28mph up steep hills, still gets 42-46 on the flats and goes past 50mph on the gauge downhill.

5.5g rollers, race variator, smooth boss, 1500rpm torque spring, 1500rpm clutch fly springs,  82 main jet, cut cdi, 736 x 17 x 30 Malossi kevlar belt, stock air box, stock exhaust.

Do you recommend any 5.5g rollers that are not extremely expensive?  I'm having some difficulty finding specific 5.5 rollers and a 1000 rpm spring from one site to save on shipping.

Thanks

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2012, 12:16:21 AM »
I got Nakura 5.5g rollers from ebay for under £10 delivered i think from ebay but i also bought some basic no brand ones in the past from my local kymco dealer before for about £6-£8 i think.

Taipai Scooter Assassins do both im sure but delivery is usually a few weeks from the far east. If you get the rollers and try them and it feels too light you can fit 3x alternate 5.5g and 3x 6.5g (stock ones that are in now) to get the same result as using a set of 6g ones, just make sure you keep them spaced properly ie, 1x 5.5g then 1x6.5g etc so its balanced out. I know another member tried the 5.5gs in his and he said his reved to high for his liking, mine is a 2008 but his was newer like yours. He did the above to run it at 6g and prefered that, so if you buy 5.5g ones you have both options of 5.5g, 6g, and 6.5g if you mix and match what you have.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Exe

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2012, 12:44:06 AM »
So, I'm looking at buying these: http://www.scootertronics.com/1000rpmspring.html and http://www.scootertronics.com/okogy650rowe.html

I can't find anything stating that spring would work with my moped, but I'm fairly sure it will. Expensive, but can't find anything else that would be less and just as good quality.

Nevermind, after viewing the customer reviews I will definitely not be ordering from them, but rather from Scooter Assassins.

I can't find a single site which carries 5.5g and a 1000 rpm spring.  This should't be this difficult.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 01:28:59 AM by Exe »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2012, 02:20:26 AM »
Where are you located?
 Most of the shops will have all the bits you need but you will have to call as they don't all list everything they carry. Scooter parts international is my new Fav. Mention the Zuma forums for a 10% discount
www.spi-parts.com/
I asked where your from as most shops will ship the same day as your order, and UPS is generally next day delivery within your state.
One last thing... Scooter Assassins sells ALOT of China cheap sh*t. AND 2 weeks deliv. Be careful what you order from them. If you are gonna order from Taiwan use Jiangwayne.com. Mention Kymco Forum/Zombie for 10% there as well. Ask for Wayne. http://www.jiangwayne.com/scooter/index.php

Exe

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2012, 02:32:47 AM »
I'm located in US, SC, though spi-parts didn't have much for the Agility 50.  I'll take a look at the other site your mentioned.

Thanks for the help by the way.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 02:37:46 AM by Exe »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2012, 02:48:01 AM »
SPI has them... Just call. The owner/person you will talk to is a TOP engine tuner. Listen to his advice... Sucks I forgot his name. I am waiting for three different belts from them right now (back order). 2 from Italy (Malossi), and One from Japan (Bando). As long as you call before 4:00pm your parts will ship same day. Don't forget to mention the Zuma Forum...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()