Author Topic: Agility horrible up hills after derestriction  (Read 11753 times)

Exe

• View Profile
Re: Agility horrible up hills after derestriction
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2012, 02:49:50 AM »
SPI has them... Just call. The owner/person you will talk to is a TOP engine tuner. Listen to his advice... Sucks I forgot his name. I am waiting for three different belts from them right now (back order). 2 from Italy (Malossi), and One from Japan (Bando). As long as you call before 4:00pm your parts will ship same day. Don't forget to mention the Zuma Forum...

Awesome, I'll give them a call tomorrow.  I really appreciate the help.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2012, 02:52:20 AM »
Rock on Bro!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Exe

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2012, 03:18:36 AM »
I can't seem to find a number on their site.  Also, as in order over the phone or do you mean to direct my questions to whoever picks up?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2012, 03:50:30 AM »
Scooter Parts International | 1-800-591-2670
It's an automated answering/screening system. Push the number for parts or customer service. Ask away... That's why they are there
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2012, 10:50:19 AM »
Scooter Assassins sells ALOT of China cheap sh*t. AND 2 weeks deliv. Be careful what you order from them.http://www.jiangwayne.com/scooter/index.php

Very true, but they do carry some branded parts too. Avoid the cheap crap tho. I ordered clutch fly springs frpm them and they were terrible quality and a terrible fit, endes up binning them and got some elsewhere instead. When i emailed S.A to complain and ask why they were called clutch springs when they were not actually proper springs (more like twisted bits of soft wire) i was told o had stretched them by fittong them wrongly, lol. I havent bought from them since and will never buy an unknown brandname item from them again.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2012, 11:30:33 AM »
"http://www.racingplanetusa.com"

"http://www.mhr-usa.com"

..where i buy all my performance bits...

"http://www.kymcoparts123.com"

..for most my oem bits...

..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Exe

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2012, 02:58:30 PM »
The Agility 50 takes roller weights, not slider weights, right?

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2012, 04:30:50 PM »
The Agility 50 takes roller weights, not slider weights, right?

..it matters not...either will work, and the sliders generally offer better performance..
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Exe

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2012, 07:44:12 PM »
Oh well, too late now.

Exe

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2012, 03:01:20 PM »
Installed the 82 jet and what a hell of a difference!  My Agility now accelerates noticeably faster, more power taking off and going up hills, and she no longer bogs down in cold weather.  I didn't expect going from 80 to 82 would make a noticeable difference, but was I wrong.  Now I'm just waiting for my 5.5g rollers and 1000 rpm torque spring.  With those I will gain more power, but less acceleration and speed right?

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2012, 04:58:32 PM »
Installed the 82 jet and what a hell of a difference!  My Agility now accelerates noticeably faster, more power taking off and going up hills, and she no longer bogs down in cold weather.  I didn't expect going from 80 to 82 would make a noticeable difference, but was I wrong.  Now I'm just waiting for my 5.5g rollers and 1000 rpm torque spring.  With those I will gain more power, but less acceleration and speed right?

Its good you feel a difference, tbh i didnt really notice when i did mine.

You should gain acceleration with the lighter rollers and this will help uphill along with the torque spring by keeping you in a higher gear longer so the revs stay higher uphill. It also helps a bit when you need to slow for traffic then want to speed up again. I felt the best improvement from the torque spring, best mod i did after a derestrict.

Keep us posted how you get on.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

OregonDad

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2012, 09:18:40 PM »
Installed the 82 jet and what a hell of a difference!  My Agility now accelerates noticeably faster, more power taking off and going up hills, and she no longer bogs down in cold weather.  I didn't expect going from 80 to 82 would make a noticeable difference, but was I wrong.  

How hard was it to get at and replace the jets?  Did you take any pics?

I wasn't planning on replacing them, but since I have to change the spark plug anyway.  Can you share a link to the parts?

Exe

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2012, 10:13:07 PM »
I used the jet Kymco supplied me with.  I took off the carburetor by disconnecting the air intake, engine intake, auto bystarter, and then the fuel line.  I left the throttle on, as I had enough slack to work on it next to my moped.  You can wrap the fuel line around the seat lock to stop from spilling fuel.  Then simply take off the bottom plate and replace the main jet, it's quite simple.  Just take your time.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 10:14:46 PM by Exe »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2012, 11:22:31 PM »
 "With those I will gain more power, but less acceleration and speed right?"
You only gain power in the engine, not the cvt. You can better transfer the power you have to the road tho.
You will gain BOTH acceleration, and top end speed by tuning the cvt correctly.
Since you found the jet an easy task you may want to try a few larger sizes to really dial it in. You may find an 88 works even better. Especially when you can run more rpm's on your cvt set up. You DON'T want the engine to starve. These little scoots run pretty god if you tweak em a lil.

Exe

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2012, 04:06:51 AM »
"With those I will gain more power, but less acceleration and speed right?"
You only gain power in the engine, not the cvt. You can better transfer the power you have to the road tho.
You will gain BOTH acceleration, and top end speed by tuning the cvt correctly.
Since you found the jet an easy task you may want to try a few larger sizes to really dial it in. You may find an 88 works even better. Especially when you can run more rpm's on your cvt set up. You DON'T want the engine to starve. These little scoots run pretty god if you tweak em a lil.

With an 88 I would need an open air filter right?  Also, should I try 6.0g instead of the 5.5g I bought?  How can I tell if I'm not getting all I can out of my scoot with the weights and torque spring?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()