Author Topic: Serious loss of speed when going uphill  (Read 812 times)

Punisher88

• View Profile
Serious loss of speed when going uphill
« on: February 18, 2012, 06:48:03 PM »
I recently changed out my variator boss and replaced the weight due to age of both, can anyone give me some idea on how to increase the speed while going uphill. I was thinking about putting in lighter weights but was not 100% sureif that would work

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Serious loss of speed when going uphill
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 07:31:38 PM »
Hey punisher! The best way to fix that is to change the control spring in the clutch (big spring). It will give the higher gera you need on hills, and coming out of corners. For a stock scoot go to a 1000 rated spring. http://www.partsforscooters.com/169-207_QMB139_Torque_Spring
They also sell a torsion controller that sits between the clutch, and spring. They are about ten bucks, and really smooth the cvt out. Lighter rollers will bring up the performance/rpm's. Wordslinger is the resident expert on Ag's, and I think he runs 5 - 5.5gr rollers. Use the spring, and the rollers, and it will bring your scoot to life.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: Serious loss of speed when going uphill
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 08:36:45 PM »
...LOL..YEAH, WHAT Z SAID!...

;D

..dunno about the "expert" bit tho...

....i've just been here a while....
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 08:45:18 PM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()