Author Topic: xiting 250  (Read 2277 times)

garyinelfaro

• View Profile
xiting 250
« on: February 28, 2009, 06:44:47 AM »
I hope someone can help me. I have a 3 year old scooter, the problems is my battery is not always recharging, the reguater has been changed, so has the battery but no joy..the light on the dash comes on when i have the headlight on and achieve 4500 revs, any advice please.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: xiting 250
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 02:08:46 AM »
your stator has two sets of windings, one powers the ignition circut, the other powers the charging circut. i do not know the correct resistance values (when checked with an ohm meter) but you can get a good comparrison by isolating the coils from each other and comparing one to the other. stators are fairly cheap, and this would be my guess.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

tp376

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 03:36:57 PM »
Adding to the last post, you can check the stater by simply putting a volt meter on the proper terminals of the battery and setting it for 12 volts.  With the bike secure and on the center stand, rev it up a little and your volt meter should go up to at least 13volts DC (more like 13.5 -14) and no more.  If it does not, I would check for AC voltage at the stater outputs and check for a short between each stater wire and ground.  We have staters available for about $55buck.  www.tntcycles-atv.com
Certified Kymco Tech willing to give Free help.

garyinelfaro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 09:14:33 PM »
thanks to all, it turned out to be a new alternator amd H,T, lead, problem solved i hope. :)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()