Author Topic: 39-41 Degrees Out With My 300i  (Read 4711 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: 39-41 Degrees Out With My 300i
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 05:27:21 PM »
In 1996 I HAD to ride a Kawasaki Kz 400 across Connecticut (approx 200 miles). It was 12* F, and sunny. The Ignition switch was frozen in the morning so a little hot water to free it up. I was riding on I95 north @ 60mph, all bundled up, and cozy... The steering stem had frozen solid!. I WON'T ride below freezing again. EVER!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

roboscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2012, 12:33:04 AM »
IF YOU USE A BACALAVA AS I DID A FEW TIMES ....AND KEEP YOUR HELMET ON....DON'T ENTER YOUR LOCAL BANK...I MADE A FEW PEOPLE NERVOUS.....DOING THIS....

TANWare

• E3.38, RP oil Eng & FD, Dr Pulley 20x12 14 gr
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2012, 01:05:23 AM »
Below feezing is just asking to have issues. Glad to hear, hopefully, all went well for you otherwise. I used to ride my Honda 500T in below freezing many years ago but I was much younger then, being stupider at the time is still up for debate :) .

I went out today, about 45F and sunny. It was quite gusty and that was an issue. I found out that air is much denser. Where you could feel the effect of slight gusts before those same speed winds wanted to put the bike in the next lane. Something I hadn't expected with my previous experience being on much heavier bikes. Other than that it was fun and the battery is charged up again.

You have to love the looks of those cagers as you blow by all bundled up at 75+MPH on a scooter......................

racewalker

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2012, 02:30:39 AM »
I am just waiting for the ice to go off the road behind me so I can get out of the trailer court. I hope to be on mine next week we are having such a warm winter this year. I have always ridden in freezing weather.
08 People S 125
11 Downtown 300i

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 04:31:50 PM »
Scooter riders can ride in any weather because their HEE MEN! ;)  Not SISSY MARY'S :-*

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2012, 09:42:07 PM »
Scooter riders can ride in any weather because their HEE MEN! ;)  Not SISSY MARY'S :-*
[/quote
The best way I ever heard to describe it. (LOL)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2012, 11:22:12 PM »
Great day but very windy and I had taken a long ride at 51 degrees out. After all the fresh air and scootiing around, I found myself tired and really too tired to take it to work at 62 degrees afternoon. That has to do with age I believe and I am blaming it on the fresh air and long ride! I really felt the wind moving me around some. I ask questions and read opinions on here and am not ashamed to ask for either one. I have found many good people willing to state their mind by opinions or answers to questions I know nothing about. Would you upgrade from a 300i to the 500 if the figures were acceptable?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2012, 11:40:05 PM »
Bigger is almost always better. Getting heavier along the way tho. I would try moving one around at the dealer before giving it any REAL thought.
It would be a lot more comfy on longer highway trips but maybe not so easy for you around town... Traffic/lights/parking?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()