Author Topic: Is warming up essential from cold start?  (Read 22985 times)

blue

• View Profile
Re: Is warming up essential from cold start?
« Reply #120 on: February 29, 2012, 06:36:20 PM »
Me to im with word I well always worm my scoot.why its just comon sense.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 29, 2012, 07:17:21 PM »
Automatics are for ladies, old men, and the disabled.  :D
Now you done it!  Run Forest run!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 29, 2012, 07:18:06 PM »

Forgot...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 29, 2012, 09:10:51 PM »
If your oil pressure is not sufficient at idle then yes you have more to worry about than warming up your scooter. Apparently it's illegal and offensive to warm up your scooter in some parts of Europe. Things are very different here.

Fines for warming an engine up :D
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 09:14:03 PM by Peters »
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 29, 2012, 09:20:50 PM »
If your oil pressure is not sufficient at idle then yes you have more to worry about than warming up your scooter

..preach that sh** bro!!

;)
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 29, 2012, 09:45:29 PM »
I think this Vid will help.

Warm it up!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 29, 2012, 10:15:09 PM »
If your oil pressure is not sufficient at idle then yes you have more to worry about than warming up your scooter. Apparently it's illegal and offensive to warm up your scooter in some parts of Europe. Things are very different here.

Fines for warming an engine up :D

Never laugh at other countries' laws. For most of us from Europe, the level of police oppression in USA is nothing short of laughable. It is probably difficult for you to understand that when we are stopped, we exit the car and talk to the officer like two human beings, show them license and registration etc. There is no "keep your hands on the wheel, do not exit, or I will tase you". So, fines for warming an engine up are less of an issue compared to this.

I hope that you know what Kyoto protocol is. It is strange that 191 world countries have ratified it and USA did not, practically the only country in the world that fails to take care of global warming issues on an organized level. This is why practically all countries of the world except USA are taking care of pollutant emission and unnecessary engine warm up is just one of the things to be considered. There are 256 million vehicles in USA and 5 minute warm up that is not needed adds up easily to millions of gallons of wasted fuel and many cubic kilometers of exhaust fumes that do not serve any purpose. Not only US import 2/3rds of the oil it uses, but it is also relying on wars across the globe to support its oil "addiction". If nothing else, rational beings would take this into consideration when they think about their consumption habits.

I hope that you are able to comprehend at least partially what I am trying to explain here.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 10:19:12 PM by axy »
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 29, 2012, 11:10:54 PM »
From MY point of view the Kyoto Pro. is there to make the REST of the world use less so WE can have more! Sound about right?
I'm not trying to inflame the issue. It's just the ONLY reason that makes sense. (and I do NOT agree w/ this perspective)
                                                      Jus' Sayin'

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 29, 2012, 11:24:42 PM »
Oh yeah... Running from cops is a sport here. (Kinda like chasing a wheel of cheese down a steep hill.) Our cops just got tired of loosing.

I'll go ON RECORD... f***in@ HATE COPS!
I'll bet Our poster will NEVER ask another question here tho...

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 01, 2012, 02:03:27 AM »
Never laugh at other countries' laws. For most of us from Europe, the level of police oppression in USA is nothing short of laughable. It is probably difficult for you to understand that when we are stopped, we exit the car and talk to the officer like two human beings, show them license and registration etc. There is no "keep your hands on the wheel, do not exit, or I will tase you". So, fines for warming an engine up are less of an issue compared to this.

I hope that you are able to comprehend at least partially what I am trying to explain here.

I'll laugh at whatever I want.

What do you know about being pulled over in the US? Our police officers have better things to worry about than you "wasting" <25 cents worth of gasoline. That's why it's a joke. Once again I laugh at the concept of getting a ticket for idling my scooter in my driveway. Hahaa :D
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 02:13:00 AM by Peters »
*2001 ZX-50 beater

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 01, 2012, 02:44:28 AM »
I'll laugh at whatever I want.

What do you know about being pulled over in the US? Our police officers have better things to worry about than you "wasting" <25 cents worth of gasoline. That's why it's a joke. Once again I laugh at the concept of getting a ticket for idling my scooter in my driveway. Hahaa :D

lol I guess I would see that only if you took your muffler off and your geting a ticket for makeing to much noise.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 01, 2012, 02:57:31 AM »

juice

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 01, 2012, 03:09:51 AM »
In the USA many cars are outfitted with remote control starters so the owners can start the car from the comfort of their homes or offices and either run the heater or air conditioner so they will be comfortable when they first enter the car . How about them apples .

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 01, 2012, 03:30:51 AM »
Heated and air conditioned seats too! Umm... delightful ;D
*2001 ZX-50 beater

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()