Author Topic: Riding etiquette?  (Read 5255 times)

axy

• View Profile
Re: Riding etiquette?
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2012, 02:50:09 PM »
Cops lie. I've been pulled on several occasions for spinning tires(front wheel drive is easy to do). My lawyer told me it's not against the law
[/b]

Against the law in my country. Both sudden acceleration AND sudden braking with no reason. The fine is around 60 EUR.
We even have the fine for "sudden change of driving style" or "sudden change of driving pattern".

The same throughout Europe.

I would double check what your lawyer said in penal code of your state.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2012, 04:47:32 PM »
We have reckless/careless driving which for all intents and purposes is the same thing.  It is mostly at the officer’s discretion, but he still must explain it.  Heavy variable (>$100) fine plus suspension.

Richard L.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2012, 06:32:56 PM »
Go to Modern Buddy or Modern Vespa forums and look for 100 scooter crashes video. It is 100 motorcycle crashes on youtube, riding in Asia. It highlights some of what y'all are talking about. Shows what can happen. Road rage sucks but most of it is unjustified like the car jerks that cannot stand to see two wheels get around or ahead of their four......

Karl
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 06:43:44 PM by CROSSBOLT »
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2012, 07:02:48 PM »
In North Carolina, it IS illegal to pass a vehicle that is stopped in the right hand lane, on the right hand side of the road.
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2012, 07:10:41 PM »
[/b]
I would double check what your lawyer said in penal code of your state.

Really? Why does everything have to be an argument with you. The law could be different now. It's not the point. The point is cops will lie.

You guys hear about this motorcycle cop that ran into the back of a BMW convertible. He was tailgating the guy and blasted his siren. The poor guy naturally hit his brakes and the cop landed in his back seat. Hahaa, see the picture. Doesn't say in this report but apparently the cop had been on duty for like 12 or 14 hours(well over the limit) and they're charging the guy with assault with a deadly weapon.
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=8143768
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2012, 07:22:08 PM »
Really? Why does everything have to be an argument with you. The law could be different now. It's not the point. The point is cops will lie.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=8143768

Can't help with lying cops, unskilled lawyers and "could be" different laws. No facts for me here to comment. :)
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2012, 07:39:42 PM »
Unqualified lawyer? Or you can call him"unskilled". I can be extremely correct too. Trust me, my lawyer is very qualified.

I don't hate cops. Just putting that out there. Most cops I've dealt with seem to be good people.
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2012, 01:35:45 AM »
 "No facts for me here to comment."
                                                         Good boy!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2012, 01:37:25 AM »
"I don't hate cops. Just putting that out there. Most cops I've dealt with seem to be good people."
                                                           Got one living next door?         Good boy...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2012, 03:33:05 AM »
"I don't hate cops. Just putting that out there. Most cops I've dealt with seem to be good people."
                                                           Got one living next door?         Good boy...
[/quote Im not sure how I should feel about cops my x wife married one.

quinnmallory

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2012, 05:17:49 AM »
In North Carolina, it IS illegal to pass a vehicle that is stopped in the right hand lane, on the right hand side of the road.

I should further clarify that the lane I was in...the far right lane next to the curb...isn't a "right turn only" lane. It's a regular lane from which you can go straight or turn right.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2012, 07:46:29 PM »
I should further clarify that the lane I was in...the far right lane next to the curb...isn't a "right turn only" lane. It's a regular lane from which you can go straight or turn right.

..that's the type of lane the law in NC istalking about..
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2012, 10:50:25 AM »
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2012, 11:13:48 AM »
I had a similar situation earlier this week. I did the same thing, and got the same result. True, in that it may be illegal in most areas; but most drivers do it (including law enforcement).

I just have one realization from my incident:

"Who cares about the guy/gal that's behind you? I would lay my focus, attention, and potential worry to the road that's in front of me."

;)

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2012, 01:42:20 AM »
"Who cares about the guy/gal that's behind you? I would lay my focus, attention, and potential worry to the road that's in front of me."

I say F'them all.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()