Author Topic: PLEASE HELP!!!!! NOOB IN NEED  (Read 3670 times)

xhellmanx

• View Profile
PLEASE HELP!!!!! NOOB IN NEED
« on: February 22, 2012, 08:49:19 PM »
my vibe 50 2t is totally failing. Strays perfect every time no problem. Could idle forever if I wanted it to. The problem starts when I put pressure on the bike. Eg; going up a hill. Two people on it. I'll have it on full throttle and it will b all good. Then go up a hill and it just slowly Boggs out. Within 30 seconds it's bogged to a stop (still running) still on full throttle but the bike has no power and is making a rank bogging noise. Still idles fine after this.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!! NOOB IN NEED
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 12:19:14 AM »
My guess is worn top end. Piston/rings may be worn out making low compressionDo a compression test. It should be over 120 psi. if good. 90psi will run but not well. Less than that you are lucky if it runs.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

xhellmanx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 01:17:03 AM »
My dick head brother put marine oil in it. Would that effect it? How do I compression test it. An if it is what u said is it worth fixing

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 03:45:20 AM »
There could be too much oil. That would reduce power as well.

"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

xhellmanx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 04:55:30 AM »
Would the fact it was marine grade oil he put in it screw the scooter?

xhellmanx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 04:55:55 AM »
Btw I really appreciate u trying to help me.

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
    • American Scooter Forum - Scooter Invasion
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 01:35:24 PM »
Marine oil for a tank or two isn't likely to damage the engine badly.

Tell us more about the scoot.  What kind of miles are on it?  Have you check the CVT components?  If it's happening only under a heavy load then I would strongly suspect compression (as Zombie said) or transmission work.  If your variator is worn it can make the bike run like a frozen turd.  Also the torque driver should open smoothly without any binding or wobble in the moving pulley.

~Josh
www.scooterinvasion.net - Tech help, repairs & tuning.

xhellmanx

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 08:38:39 PM »
I don't know how to check all that stuff haha. As I said I'm a major noob when it comes to scooters. Ok it take about 5 mins to get it started the first time. Then u can turn it off and start it straight away after that. It's not just under pressure. It's basically when it's warmed up after about 5 mims of riding it. So after 5 mins of riding it,it will be at full throttle (not full speed) and all of a sudden all power just dies. It takes between 20-30 seconds for complete power loss. While I'm still holding the throttle on full the bike isn't moving but it hasn't turn off. Maybe it's getting too much oil or something? It has 4778 kilometers on it

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 01:31:46 AM »
Too hard to say w/ out the basics. Lots of things can cause this... Start at the bottom of the pile, and get a comp> test done. Any "Mechanic/Shop"
can help you out on this for a few quid. If I had a scoot that did as you describe... That's where I would start.
Ps... Don't ask them to fix it, Just ask for a compression test. 5-20.00 bucks if not free.

xhellmanx

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 01:46:28 AM »
What is compression test tested on. Like what part of the bike

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 01:56:41 AM »
Oh God!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 01:59:46 AM »
Were you able to see the Utube link?
If not go to utbue, and look up compression test. It is the amount of pressure the piston creates inside the cylinder head. Low pressure=what u got, maybe.

xhellmanx

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 05:10:47 AM »
Ok. So would thy explain why when the bike starts and it's cold it's good and runs well with full power then all of a sudden its power drops out and there is none

xhellmanx

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 06:23:35 AM »
Just pulled the scooter apart. Would the fact that the air filter foam having oil al over stopping air flow to the moter cause this problem?

xhellmanx

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 06:24:31 AM »
Also where is the auto Marie choke on this thing.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()